Kendal Calling 2011

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I have just sorted out 2 tickets for kendal calling, and I just have a few questions as it is my first time

I noticed on the website there is a bus from penrith station going to the site, do you have to book these in advance? do they run throughout the day and is there much demand for them? and how much do they cost return?

Also how long does it take to walk from the entrance to the campsite, and to the arena etc, and where would be the best place to camp based on conveniance of walking distance, but at the same time can get a bit of sleep in the evenings.

One last thing is how much are the prices for food and drink, if its silly i think i will just bring my own food and drink

Anyone any idea if they've changed security companies after all the complaints they received last year? Didn't really have any problems myself but there was definitely an unnecessarily intimidating air to the security team used.

Have to say, I thought all the stewards were spot on last year, although I never had much cause to deal with them (ie they were good to letting me into the arena with 2 cans of lager down each side pocket of my cargo shorts......).

Anyone got a crystal ball which tells us what the weather will be like?

Really looking forward to KC now, only the rest of the day then 6 more days of work to go!!!

Hi all,

I have a pair of Kendal Calling weekend tickets for sale. I'm gutted I can't go, because it was incredible last year, but long and short of it is I need the money back. :(

I'm asking for £200 for the pair of them, as I paid £105.50 per ticket originally you can see I'm not trying to make a profit.

If anyone is interested or know anyone who might be, I'd be really grateful if you let me know!

Cheers

:)

Edited by basketbusker

Not long now kids :) - first time at KC for us and wishing there was an aerial map of the site - we couldn't get into the quiet camping and I'm hoping to hell we don't get next to some screaming kids - over 40 and my tolerance level has gone right down ;)

How rammed does the main camping area get? Are we talking decent size pitches like a normal camp site or Glastonbury tent to tent-ness? Also we've a group of 4 tents and were gonna whang a gazebo up in the middle - room for this? I know it says no gazebos but was wondering how rigidly this was policed.

Have just come back from a lovely weekend at the Rock and Bike Festival in Loughborough and if KC is anything like that I'll be a very happy camper.

Edited by Nixy

just a quick question, and one that really hacks me off asking it !

i've been told i must work next sunday night, no excuses. ive got tickets for the emporers field, how likely is it that we could pack up and leave sunday time time and be able to drive out of the site. im not really sure how they organise the field and wether its possible to do that.

really gutted cos ive looked forward to it for 6 months now with the family. ive got the tickets for thursday as well so im still planning on going and enjoying thurs, fri and sat. assuming i can escape on sunday !

Not long now kids :) - first time at KC for us and wishing there was an aerial map of the site - we couldn't get into the quiet camping and I'm hoping to hell we don't get next to some screaming kids - over 40 and my tolerance level has gone right down ;)

How rammed does the main camping area get? Are we talking decent size pitches like a normal camp site or Glastonbury tent to tent-ness? Also we've a group of 4 tents and were gonna whang a gazebo up in the middle - room for this? I know it says no gazebos but was wondering how rigidly this was policed.

Have just come back from a lovely weekend at the Rock and Bike Festival in Loughborough and if KC is anything like that I'll be a very happy camper.

Theres about a group of 12 of us this year, and last year we really regretted not having a gazebo.. Surely if you have a space in the middle of your tents (we arrange our tents, about 6-8, in a circle), they cant complain about a gazebo going up?

just a quick question, and one that really hacks me off asking it !

i've been told i must work next sunday night, no excuses. ive got tickets for the emporers field, how likely is it that we could pack up and leave sunday time time and be able to drive out of the site. im not really sure how they organise the field and wether its possible to do that.

really gutted cos ive looked forward to it for 6 months now with the family. ive got the tickets for thursday as well so im still planning on going and enjoying thurs, fri and sat. assuming i can escape on sunday !

hi,

does anybody know if they scan tickets on the gate?

i had ordered my ticket from ticketline and waited ages for it to be delivered. last week i tracked it online and it said it was delivered but i hadnt recieved it. after a quick email they said a mistake must of been made and they would cancel the ticket and send another.

a ticket turned up..... followed by another 3 days later!

only thing is now i dont know which is which as there was no reference to which order it was from.

im not looking to make any money out of it or anything, but if it would work on the gate i could use it to get my other half in for free. which in my opinion is just a stroke of luck and not touting or anything! haha

what does any1 think????

Currently in the process of trying to Co-Ordinate 17 lads coming from various places to arrive at a similar time so we can all pitch up together in the same place, the phrase herding cats springs to mind :D

We will probably be quiet noisy most of the time so having never camped at KC before where is the best place to go so as not to disturb some of the more civilised attendees :D

I remember one year when we went to Leeds accidently camping right next to the Campsite DJ tent and not sleeping all weekend so I wouldn't want to inflict us on anyone else as much as can be avoided anyhow B)

If you see a guy dressed as a French Maid (complete with fishnets) being laughed at by all his mates, that will be us and the stag so comeover and say hello and laugh and point as well :)

Looking forward to getting wasted listening to some good tunage and getting my face painted :lol:

Hi all, I'm a first timer to KC this year and just have a couple of questions, apologies if they have already been answered.

How bad is the traffic on Friday morning? Unfortunately I couldn't get out of work, so couldn't come on the Thursday. We'll be aiming to set off from South Yorkshire around 6am, but could push it earlier if we need to. On a 'normal' day it would be a 2 1/2 hour drive.

Any need for a trolley/barrow, or are the car parks pretty close?

Hi all, I'm a first timer to KC this year and just have a couple of questions, apologies if they have already been answered.

How bad is the traffic on Friday morning? Unfortunately I couldn't get out of work, so couldn't come on the Thursday. We'll be aiming to set off from South Yorkshire around 6am, but could push it earlier if we need to. On a 'normal' day it would be a 2 1/2 hour drive.

Any need for a trolley/barrow, or are the car parks pretty close?

We're travelling from Barnsley, last year it took us about 2 hours straight up the A1, stopped for a bacon sarnie at scotch corner (finest in the land) also. Traffic wasn't too bad, took us about 20 minutes to get into the site (this was about 10am on the Friday morning).

Campsite isn't too far a walk away depending on how much kit you're taking, however last year I just did it in multiple trips, quite a few crates to get in!