Rumour Thread

Guest luckysalt

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That for next week? Its over 10 so im guessing its gunna be 11 acts, which will make it 15 acts in total, its gotta be an odd number getting announced, could be 13 acts I suppose.

Thats a great guess but im going for

PENDULUM

ALTERBRIDGE

KORN

THE CULT

THIN LIZZY

PAPA ROACH

SIMPLE PLAN

SOCIAL DISTORTION

IGGY AND THE STOOGES

GASLIGHT ANTHEM

SOUNDGARDEN

and I don't think Soundgarden will be headlining.

Nova Rock just announced

Their 3rd and final headliner adding to System of A Down and Iron Maiden is... Linkin Park

So we are sharing two headliners, wonder WHO our third headliner is? I thought it was gunna be the same as Nova Rock but obviously it isn't, thats now Rock AM Ring and Nova Rock with a full set of headliners

They've also added some new acts to the line up in the form of

Social Distortion, Alter Bridge, Hammerfall, The Sounds, Bring Me The Horizon, Alesana, Architects, Katzenjammer, Boysetsfire, Escape The Fate, Kingdom of Sorrow, Times of Grace

I think Bring Me The Horizon are defo playing Download but won't get announced next week due to their UK tour first

Edited by luckysalt

That for next week? Its over 10 so im guessing its gunna be 11 acts, which will make it 15 acts in total, its gotta be an odd number getting announced, could be 13 acts I suppose.

Thats a great guess but im going for

PENDULUM

ALTERBRIDGE

KORN

THE CULT

THIN LIZZY

PAPA ROACH

SIMPLE PLAN

SOCIAL DISTORTION

IGGY AND THE STOOGES

GASLIGHT ANTHEM

SOUNDGARDEN

and I don't think Soundgarden will be headlining.

Knew The Cult would be playing, did Masters of Reality say anything? cus it looks like they're doing the Europe fests with them too. Hope so.

And Spawny! If thats true and we get Pixies that would be f**king amazing, saw them at Reading 2005, quality band, timeless. sub on main stage? PLEASE not a second stage headliner up against SOAD, I'd cry...

Edited by luckysalt

Knew The Cult would be playing, did Masters of Reality say anything? cus it looks like they're doing the Europe fests with them too. Hope so.

And Spawny! If thats true and we get Pixies that would be f**king amazing, saw them at Reading 2005, quality band, timeless. sub on main stage? PLEASE not a second stage headliner up against SOAD, I'd cry...

So getting close to 24 hours before the announcement and efests have no leaks, not like in 2009 when they got nearly all the main acts

But lets have a look at whos looking likely to be announced tomorrow

Alter Bridge - playing fests around Download, Andy said Miles Kennedy would be back

Pendulum - Rob from the group self confirmed on twitter, Andy gave his news to me ho hum [meaning they're playing] remark

The Cult - self confirmed at Bristol gig, Andy has seen given in on twitter and said yes they're playing

Wolfmother - said they'd be be back in Europe for the dates they pulled out of in 2010, Andy said news to me... likely but not 100%

Korn - playing fests around Download, haven't been announced for Soni and Andy AGAIN did his news to me on twitter when asked

Skunk Anansie - self confirmed at a gig, played Soni last year

Skindred - Have been telling people they're playing this year, word of mouth only this one

Buckcherry - self confirmed, everywhere.

Papa Roach - Told people on the last UK tour they'll be playing Download

Rock Sugar - They and Andy have both siad they'll be back this year, might not be announced tomorrow

Bring Me The Horizon - Andy basically said they'll be playing although they might not be announced yet due to their tour

Gaslight Anthem - Andy said he would book them for Download this year, and they have since been announced for Rock AM Ring, looking very likely

Social Distortion - Playing fests all around Download, and seem like they would be a very popular choice

Those are the ones that look like 90% gunna be announced tomorrow. Maybe not BMTH yet due to tour. But that could easily be just over half the announcement. Would we be happy? I would, although a Queens of the Stone Age, Weezer or Black Label Society would be awesome, BLS are more likely for a future announcement however if they're playing due to their Feb tour

Edited by luckysalt