Bestival 2011

Guest 5co77ie

Sorry if he's been suggested / ruled out before, but could Adam Ant be a possibility? Maybe a bit risky, but I can't think of many bands playing festivals this summer who would tie-in with the fancy dress theme much better...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was due to play Rebellion festival and a week later he changed his mind and cancelled not the most reliable booking and his tour was of tiny venues that didn't even sell out.

Edited by kaosmark2

The Pretenders swiftly followed by Garbage have just come on shuffle, no idea if either would be viable or even touring (I think I read Garbage were planning on touring this year though) but both fit the criteria to a certain extent I would say.

The Cure have some hardcore fans. I don't think I've ever been to a festival for one act on the bill (well, other than things like Wireless and HRC but they're not the same). I admire your devotion and hope they make it a worthwhile trip, I'm sure they will! Also sure you'll find plenty of other good stuff to see and do to make it even better!

Bestival has a demographic, and Take That are far from it. 99% of avid Take That fans are 13-16 year old girls or older women with questionable mental ages. I like to think Bestival has a standard, and doesn't want to take the same path V festival did (from indie festival to cheesy pop music).

It wouldn't be a good booking, it would turn the festival into a laughing stock

Bestival has a demographic, and Take That are far from it. 99% of avid Take That fans are 13-16 year old girls or older women with questionable mental ages. I like to think Bestival has a standard, and doesn't want to take the same path V festival did (from indie festival to cheesy pop music).

Edited by Dave The Hedgehog