lock up 2011

Guest rivalschools.price

I think its a bit of a big collaborative thing, since it says they all join each other throughout the night on stage and rehearse some collaborative material in advance - so maybe covers or each others songs like you say?

Though since they have their own sets and its more of a folk event, I reckon they do some of their solo stuff individually which will be good, i love chuck ragans albums especially.

Edited by Jackosity guy

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Agree about The Skints replacing Mouthwash, that would be awesome. I missed Slam Dunk this year so hope to see them at some point.

As for Special Guest, I'm sort of hoping for Four Year Strong. Delayed announcement could be down to them headlining a Sonisphere stage.

I met Brian from Gaslight the day before they played Glastonbury this year and we spoke about R&L Festival but he didn't mention anything about him playing this year :( But He told me that he didn't really get the impression that people enjoyed them at Reading last year but I reassured him that they were the best band of the weekend :)

• 3 weeks later...

any further news on the special guests???

is it frank turner for sure??????

i'll be watching DFA1979 but would be gutted to miss something major,i'll quite happily miss frank as ive seen him a few times and will prob get the chance again.this will prob be the only chance for DFA1979.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just thought, as its frank turners second set of the day and will be playong relativly low on the lock-up stage(he could surely headline now),will he just do his acoustic set? that would be a bit of a boner-kill after the punk of face to face before him.

alternatively he might go back to his roots and do some lock-up friendly covers.

any guesses?