lock up 2011

Guest rivalschools.price

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to a punktastic user, descendents are playing reading and leeds

'Straight from Milos mouth. Reading and Leeds for sure and some other shows tagged on around it. Get excited !'

obviously not 100% reliable, but they have been heavily rumoured on the punk show. Awesome news

http://www.punktastic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=99827

He talked about the announcement next week on the show this morning. When talking about secret sets he said 'Oh, we better score him off, he's a secret'.

'Him' rather than 'they'? Probably reading way too much in to this but if a solo artist is playing then there's only so many folk that could be. Frank Turner or Chuck Ragan?

He talked about the announcement next week on the show this morning. When talking about secret sets he said 'Oh, we better score him off, he's a secret'.

'Him' rather than 'they'? Probably reading way too much in to this but if a solo artist is playing then there's only so many folk that could be. Frank Turner or Chuck Ragan?

I'd love alexisonfire to play but i've heard rumours that city & colour are to make an appearance?

Anyone know any updates on Dallas being there?

Either way Dallas Green says he wont play on tour in both bands..

He's great anyway and i'd go and see him just on his own but I think alexisonfire would be a crowd pleaser.

The cancellation was a f**king joke, it came way too late. There were people sitting outside the venue who'd flown from Italy, Spain, France, or train'd it from Edinburgh, Glasgow, Newcastle etc etc. I made a two hour trip and the first I knew about it was when I got to the venue at 8pm.

Props to Teenage Bottlerocket for putting on an excellent consellation show on at the New Cross Inn. I and a few others just managed to make it in time. Hopefully we'll see them on the Lock Up this year as well. They deserve it.

Obviously it can't be helped if Milo has blown his voice, but after blowing it three songs in last night, and then cancelling at 6pm tonight? WTF?

Edited by Mariner

The cancellation was a f**king joke, it came way too late. There were people sitting outside the venue who'd flown from Italy, Spain, France, or train'd it from Edinburgh, Glasgow, Newcastle etc etc. I made a two hour trip and the first I knew about it was when I got to the venue at 8pm.

Props to Teenage Bottlerocket for putting on an excellent consellation show on at the New Cross Inn. I and a few others just managed to make it in time. Hopefully we'll see them on the Lock Up this year as well. They deserve it.

Obviously it can't be helped if Milo has blown his voice, but after blowing it three songs in last night, and then cancelling at 6pm tonight? WTF?

now we've decided that its decendents and the dropkicks(cant remember how we've arrived at the fact that its definately the dropkicks). what day does everyone reckon each band will play? the decendents statement says that they are playing the 'leeds and reading festivals' whereas us brits call it the reading and leeds festivals,does this mean that its leed sat and reading sun? or am i reading too much into it?

i could do without descendents and muse clashing personally.though,strokes,JA and descendents would be a bad clash too but id have to go with decendents each time.

cruel fate,why couldnt lock up be friday as normal??!!!! (i realise this suits most people,its just that personally the lock up would have been better on the fri)

now we've decided that its decendents and the dropkicks(cant remember how we've arrived at the fact that its definately the dropkicks). what day does everyone reckon each band will play? the decendents statement says that they are playing the 'leeds and reading festivals' whereas us brits call it the reading and leeds festivals,does this mean that its leed sat and reading sun? or am i reading too much into it?

i could do without descendents and muse clashing personally.though,strokes,JA and descendents would be a bad clash too but id have to go with decendents each time.

cruel fate,why couldnt lock up be friday as normal??!!!! (i realise this suits most people,its just that personally the lock up would have been better on the fri)

Edited by Calzum

Face to Face, The Bronx, Mariachi El Bronx and Flogging Molly are all playing shows for "Rock and Roll Damnation" in Glasgow the week preceding Reading/Leeds - along with New Found Glory and The Blackout.

Last year, all the bands played Leeds so expect those on the Lock up. Not sure whether we'll get both Bronx sets though...

Think it may look something like this:

Dropkick Murphys

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones

Taking Back Sunday (double set - playing Tell All Your Friends)

Hot Water Music

Flogging Molly

Capdown

The Descendents

Face To Face

Saves The Day

The Bronx

Comeback Kid

H20

Edited by Andrinald