! We`ve jumped into bed with the Frogs!

Guest gratedenini

Are you referring to yourself there No1? Thats good of yourself to accept.

Eeee lad, yer big lump of soft malteser tunnel material!

Dilution... well..it is!

I`m not saying it is right (now)--but as a child,we had Empire Day and we got free apples at school, and watched poor african packing oranges into crates and that... there was nothing wrong with that...at the time!

And so, I`m not quite as fervent as todays "younger people" about how we supposedly enslaved the World etc.

I`m still proud to be English (although less now). We`ve done some good over the last 200yrs..its not all been bad... and i think thats what I`m trying to say by diluted.

When you see and hear about the Wars etc..i often think--theres no way it would be like that now... serving your country etc.

I certainly wouldn`t go over the trenches at Galipoli without first of all getting a f**kin good reason off No1, y`know what i mean?

Look. My Dad hated the Germans. f**kin hated em with a passion.And I didnt blame him one iota. Not once did I ever say to him "Oway dad man... its over. Forgive and forget" etc.

I wouldn`t have insulted him with that--even though I thought it.

What he (and millions of others) went through... how can you forget that?

And so, it will only dissolve little by little as the generations go by.

You younger people.. it will have been your Grandas in the war... it was my Dad--so I`m slightly more attatched.

I dont often lose track of My Dad is one of the reasons which allows us lot to be arguing over shite on here.... it could have been very different.

whoa lad... the soap box is totally f**ked now......

den

actually, I didn't think it was particularly racist, I was goaded into saying it was ...(I'm very weak willed sometimes :P )

my main issue was with the idea of a 'dilution of this country' which I said originally

I thought the french were called frogs because they ate frogs legs...!??! :unsure:

which is why they call us rosbif...?

No condemnation of the racism in the thread title, tony? Why not? It's far worse than a single individual being called ginger, and where people think being ginger makes a person substandard somehow.

Anyone might end up thinking there's some double standards going on somewhere. :lol:

Edited by dakyras

No one says forget - move on yes. Most of the people alive in Germany are removed from the generations who fought against us.

<<Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:32 AM

eFestivals, on May 4 2010, 10:30 AM, said:

I'm sorry that there's scumbags in the world.

There you go - I've apologised for every action of every scumbag from the big bang to the end of eternity. The murder of JFK wasn't within my control either, but I apologise for that too.

A bit of salt and vinegar to go with that big chip of yours sir?>>

Nowt like a bag of chips to share eh? :D