"we're all in this together"

Guest eFestivals

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hard to see the justification of paying younger people less money for the same job. The majority of jobs that are paid at NMW require such little training and experience to the job to the full. On the other hand it makes employing the young more attractive.

"We're all in this together, the young, the poor, the disabled, the mentally ill, the students, the teachers, the doctors, the nurses, the northerners... Oh, but if you're a banker, politician, or lawyer in the South? Nah, you don't need to help out."

• 5 months later...

I think booing him when he was announced is funny but booing as the medal is given is a bit shite....

I've not seen it myself, I've just read about it.

I didn't take what I read to be what you suggest. I took it as being him getting booed when he was introduced, while people were simultaneously cheering madly cos Eli was about to get given her medal.