who is the best band or solo artist of all time?

Guest joe1990

I don't normally do favourites because I'm the type of guy to put his record collection in colour co-ordinated sub-sections but I think if I were to seriously consider my favourite band of all time, it'd probably be either The Jesus and Mary Chain or Swans. My favourite artist would be either Bruce Springsteen, Eugene Chadbourne or Prince.

Justifying why is a whole other can of worms.

I don't normally do favourites because I'm the type of guy to put his record collection in colour co-ordinated sub-sections but I think if I were to seriously consider my favourite band of all time, it'd probably be either The Jesus and Mary Chain or Swans. My favourite artist would be either Bruce Springsteen, Eugene Chadbourne or Prince.

Justifying why is a whole other can of worms.

My record collection is in a bizzarre chronological, alphabetical, order of preference state of organisation, understood only by goldfish and Tibetan monks.

And i think 'best' is an impossible word to put into this situation. Everyone will have a different opinion, and it really depends on the person. 'Favourite' is different however. The first time I listened to Radiohead I just thought 'YES!' and I have no doubt that they will always be my favourite band.

But I would hesitate to say they are the best band ever, because I don't have the experience, knowledge or objectivity to make such a claim.

My record collection is in a bizzarre chronological, alphabetical, order of preference state of organisation, understood only by goldfish and Tibetan monks.

And i think 'best' is an impossible word to put into this situation. Everyone will have a different opinion, and it really depends on the person. 'Favourite' is different however. The first time I listened to Radiohead I just thought 'YES!' and I have no doubt that they will always be my favourite band.

But I would hesitate to say they are the best band ever, because I don't have the experience, knowledge or objectivity to make such a claim.