Bands you thought would be big

Guest pink_triangle

The Avalanches, amazing debut (released in 2001) with the two singles both getting alot of air time on MTV, then nothing. Word is there second album is due to be released at the end of this year. Hopefully it'll be worth the near ten year wait.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you mean Little Angels, I agree. If you mean Little Angles I have no idea who you're talking about, but I'm sure they're good as well.

Most of these bands were/are big to me, but didn't get as big as they should have:

- The Wildhearts (although I like 'em the size they are to be honest, keeps it real, no bullshit marketing)

- Pop Will Eat Itself (after NIN's endorsement I thought they'd be huge)

- Carter USM

- Audioweb

- Mansun

- Longpigs

- JJ72 (I thought they were OK tbh, but thought at the time they'd end up headlining a Glasto stage at least)

- Little Angels

- Thunder

- Therapy?

- Terrorvision

- Baby Chaos

- Bentley Rhythm Ace

- Fuzz Townshend

Sure there's more but I've got work to do. :rolleyes:

Tbh most of this lot just didn't do the marketing thing or play the industry game really, and in many ways that's far better. At least the music was/is always about the music and not about shifting product. Who knows how good U2 could still be if they hadn't gone belly-up to the money gods after Joshua Tree? ;)