At least some people can be bothered...

Guest markeee

So is it a case of no work available ? or just not the right type of work for some people ?

Granted if you are highly educated and skilled you are not going to be seeking a low skilled job... But there surely must come a point (6 months ?) where if you want to claim benefits then the type of work you are looking for comes into question...

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not necessarily. Taking me as an example, because I knew there was a risk I could be made redundant at some point, I took out mortgage protection insurance. This covers me for up to a year if I'm made redundant but would stop as soon as I found a new job, no matter what it pays. So I'm sure that because of this there are a lot of people that just can't afford to take on a lower paid job.

Edited by oafc0000

You say what your household income is going to be and unless it is out by £25k!!! you won't be asked to make a repayment... Yet a million people have over estimated to the tune of £25k!!! I can't be reading that right surely ?

So you believe that single mothers smoke more and dress badly compared to mothers who have partners?

That's prejudice, I'm afraid.

I would love you to go out to your local town centre, and ask people if they are single mothers by virtue of their shabby dress and because they smoke. Can you get it videoed? I'm sure we'd all get a laugh of you getting slapped silly but irate mothers. I'll keep an eye out for headlines like "Warrington Pervert accosts Mothers on High Street" on the internet .... ;)

Oafc, the number of couples that are having their first kid these days that aren't married probably outnumbers those that are. For expample, we've been together for 11 years and decided it was more important to save our money so that we could afford for my good lady to be off for a year with the little one rather than spending money on a wedding. I think a lot of people see it that way now. I have no issues with marriage, and think that some day we may well tie the knot, but I think it's become a massive expense now that a lot of people decide to do without.

Oafc, the number of couples that are having their first kid these days that aren't married probably outnumbers those that are. For expample, we've been together for 11 years and decided it was more important to save our money so that we could afford for my good lady to be off for a year with the little one rather than spending money on a wedding. I think a lot of people see it that way now. I have no issues with marriage, and think that some day we may well tie the knot, but I think it's become a massive expense now that a lot of people decide to do without.

The "aka" thing. Now I'm not normally like this, I make mistakes all the time and don't worry too much about other people making them too, but I remember llcoolphil pointing it out to you before now, so wondered if you using it (wrongly) all the time was to wind him up. If it is, then fair enough, :lol: but if its not, it drives me nuts.

agree with everything you said , thats why almost every house in a council house has sky, hardly an essential? I work and don't have sky!!

As to sickness, when you read about it, it's crazy..some of the things people are off work with sickness for!

Edited by llcoolphil