Will my flag get stolen?

Guest DadPav

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had 2 flag poles nicked on the first day and then on the Friday they nicked the flag pole that was up with the just married flag (they got wed in Glastonbury on the Wednesday) and also some battery fairy lights....

cnuts!

We were in Pennards.

i think a confederate flag has more chance of being pulled down than any other...

but not in the campervan field. surely not. should be fine.

I made a Tintin flag in 2008, had it up by the tent the whole weekend and it was fine.

Then I went and lost the bloody flagpole on the way home. Oh well.

I'd say you'll be fine ... but I do have a lingering doubt about the suitability of a Confederate Flag.

I don't know enough about the subject myself, but I definitely recall Beth Ditto having a right go at someone who had one at Reading a couple of years back.

Out of interest, why have you chosen that particular flag?

why not bring a big old swastika flag as a back up just incase your confederate one goes missing

I'd say you'll be fine ... but I do have a lingering doubt about the suitability of a Confederate Flag.

I don't know enough about the subject myself, but I definitely recall Beth Ditto having a right go at someone who had one at Reading a couple of years back.

Out of interest, why have you chosen that particular flag?

Edited by Harrow Strongbow Ciderman!

Perhaps he really likes Country & Western & into the Southern States vibe. Old DadPav might be a Nashville or Johnny Cash kind of music fan, so Confederate flag would be innocently ok in that connection.

However, there is no getting away from it but the Confederate Flag is still considered by many (inc me & some of my friends) to be one of the most rascist flags in existence. Sorry! :(

I have a friend who lives in Oklahoma and is fiercely proud of her southern heritage. She is also one of the nicest people I know and works in a school for under privileged children. Rascism is abhorent to her. She would be very happy to fly the Confederate flag.

I guess the Confederate flag can be used under multiple guises, much the same as the cross of St George. Whilst I appreciate it's negative associations, we don't always have to look for the lowest common denominator.

Back to the original question - my daughter had a flag stolen from Pennards last year whist we had a flag flying in Michael's Mead for the whole festival with no problem at all. I'm sure you'd be ok in the campervan fields.

I have travelled in the Southern States and some people there do feel that they have always been let down by Washington DC , in the same way some people in the Uk have a resentment towards London ( I do not - living in Yorkshire ) and the Confederate Flag , is a sort of up yours Washington DC and brings the southern states together against DC.

I met a guy in Seattle once , that was from Alalbama , he told me that because I was English , but he kept it quiet to Americans because a lot of Americans have a negative view of Alabama , nothing to do with racism but they viewed them as in bred country bumpkins , and I think it was people from New York , Washington and Boston etc that had the worst attitudes.