Ticket / Money / Help .....

Guest Runner

I am stuck between a rock and a hard place where cash is concerned.

I'm currently completely broke, and my boiler packed up a week ago. Discovered yesterday its un-repairable, due to age and a rather large leak, so I'm looking at £1500 for a completely new one to be installed. Nice :P

Question is, do I get a refund on my ticket (bearing in mind without the boiler 'issue' I don't actually have any cash for spends), or just class the ticket money as spent and see what happens???

My biggest fear, as crazy as this sounds, is that I get a refund before the Friday deadline, but then manage to scoop £2000 on Saturdays lottery!!!!!!

My head is saying 'sell' my heart is saying otherwise ......................

Peace :P

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're asking if you should go to Glasto or get a new boiler on a forum populated by Glastobating Glasto obsessives?

I don't think you'll get an unbiased answer mate!!

Anyway - summer is approaching. What will you need a boiler for? :P

I'm currently completely broke, and my boiler packed up a week ago. Discovered yesterday its un-repairable, due to age and a rather large leak, so I'm looking at £1500 for a completely new one to be installed. Nice :P

Question is, do I get a refund on my ticket (bearing in mind without the boiler 'issue' I don't actually have any cash for spends), or just class the ticket money as spent and see what happens???

My biggest fear, as crazy as this sounds, is that I get a refund before the Friday deadline, but then manage to scoop £2000 on Saturdays lottery!!!!!!

Edited by strudders

You're asking if you should go to Glasto or get a new boiler on a forum populated by Glastobating Glasto obsessives?

I don't think you'll get an unbiased answer mate!!

Anyway - summer is approaching. What will you need a boiler for? :P

Thats shit....

I would say the following and last year I was in a similar position

200 quid for a ticket and 200 quid spending money is not really going to make a massive dent in your boiler situation...

Also look at a grant for a boiler trade in under scrappage....

So I guess my advise would be, go, have a few days without worry and enjoy yourself and then comeback refreshed mentally and start again..... otherwise you will be pissed off every time you come here and the long term metal torture I would say is alot more than 400 quid for a boiler....

Hope you get sorted...

I know, but its doing my head in. Nobody around me is Glastonbury related, I don't really see the 'mate' I'm going with, and to be honest he'll probably just tell me to sort the boiler out :P

But I have kids, and no hot water ....

Thats shit....

I would say the following and last year I was in a similar position

200 quid for a ticket and 200 quid spending money is not really going to make a massive dent in your boiler situation...

Also look at a grant for a boiler trade in under scrappage....

So I guess my advise would be, go, have a few days without worry and enjoy yourself and then comeback refreshed mentally and start again..... otherwise you will be pissed off every time you come here and the long term metal torture I would say is alot more than 400 quid off of a boiler....

Hope you get sorted...

Edited by Rufus Gwertigan

It's a toughie and my sensible non-Glastobating self would probably say you can live without Glasto but hot water for x amount of months is pretty essential.

I hope you find a way to afford both, but my gut reaction would be the boiler.

Good luck with it all. :P

As much as we all love Glastonbury, I am sorry to say that the boiler is far more important, like you said you have kids and you need to make sure they are cared for above and beyond yourself.

Glastonbury will come round next year again, the £200 will make a significant dent in the boiler fund.

I'm choosing Glastonbury over the boiler this year.

But today is our wedding anniversary so if Mrs LW heard me call her that today of all days, she'd kill me.

So you objectify your loving wife as a "boiler". You odious little man.

Sorry wrong thread :lol::lol:

As much as we all love Glastonbury, I am sorry to say that the boiler is far more important, like you said you have kids and you need to make sure they are cared for above and beyond yourself.

Glastonbury will come round next year again, the £200 will make a significant dent in the boiler fund.

I know, but as selfish and crazy as this sounds, I really don't think I can refund the ticket. Realistically nothing 'amazing' is going to happen, but if I refund it, it will. Its how things work in my life.

But since creating this post I've discovered the Energy Saving Trust, where I may be eligible for a grant ... we'll see.

Who did you get the £1500 quote from ?

I presume that price includes supply and fit . shop around.. there are some very good fitters out there who will probabaly charge you (your spending money for Glastonbury) less.

If i were in your area i could probably point you in the right direction, unfortunately we are at opposite ends of the country.

You never know , there might even be a kind hearted ,Glastonbury loving boiler fitter , in your area, reading this who could help you out.

Good luck.

I know, but as selfish and crazy as this sounds, I really don't think I can refund the ticket. Realistically nothing 'amazing' is going to happen, but if I refund it, it will. Its how things work in my life.

But since creating this post I've discovered the Energy Saving Trust, where I may be eligible for a grant ... we'll see.

Edited by sneakydave

Last year we set fire to our cooker. I was persuaded by the argument to go to Glastonbury, and just cook on a camping stove for the 3 of us. Yeah it was fun for a week cooking on the stove, but 4 months down the line it was really shit.

I don't regret anything I have done in my life, but going to Glastonbury in a similar circumstance is something I would rethink. The guilt I felt afterwards was awful.

Not refunding the ticket doesn't mean I'm going. I just can't bring myself to do it! I know it will be wasted when I don't go, but I know how things work in my life and if I get rid on Friday it'll be just my luck that something (financially) 'mad' will happen to me on Monday.

I sort of understand what you are saying (I didn't pay the balance for my ticket because we had to pay out for a boiler but now I can afford it and don't have a ticket) but not getting a refund for a significant portion of the money you need for the boiler based on a theory that you might come into a few quid is quite frankly ridiculous!

Guest musiclove123

Just think how awful you will feel when you ring up to cancel. When you watch it on the tele! I felt sad last year when I wasn't there-watching it for the first time since I started going.

If your kids are without water thats pretty much swings me to that you should get a refund and get that fixed ASAP but is there anybody you can borrow some money off? Friends? Relatives?

perhaps you could get a refund and then enter every possible competition known to man? or, if something amazing cash-wise does happen, ring see every day to try and get one of the random ones that 'will' be sold in the run-up to the fest?

as someone above said though, definitely arrange something for glasto weekend if you're not able to make it: nothing worse than sitting at home torturing yourself