Preferred Drink To Take?!

Guest festival_badger

Right, this is my first attempt at starting a thread, so please be gentle! Also apologise if this has been asked before, but in the last couple of months of reading the forum I don't think I've seen it.

I was just curious what everyone's preferred tipple was to take with them to the festival? Normally at V we would take crates of Strongbow as its easy to drink warm, where as warm lager is just no an option. However, I've stopped drinking Bow after a shocking night at a White Lies gig.

So what does everyone take? I've been recommended boxes of wine as its easier to carry, but not sure if I could handle a warm glass of wine after a full day on it!

Thanks one and all!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I opted for a bottle of malt whiskey with a little water added. OK it took me a long while to actually add the water, but it was quite refreshing really.

Spirits and a mixer are the way forward I think (obviously decanted into a plastic bottle).

Not drinking this year and I will be taking loads of ribena.

Edited by Rufus Gwertigan

Last year i took...

24 cans of pear koppaberg from ikea. (not a patch on brothers but always good to carry a few cans around)

1 bottle of baileys in a metal flask (good for Irish coffees on a morning)

and a litre of dark rum in a plastic bottle just bought cold bottles of coke at the festival as mixer.

I always take...

1. Lots of Bitter (tastes good warm)

2. A few boxes of red wine, thoughlast year I forgot to take any vessels to drink from so ended up drinking from the tap (classy!)

3. Best and most critical of all Skittles Vodka

Freeze vodka and juice, carry frozen to the site, drink! job done!

i find when hanging i can drink warm lager. its the only time i do it every year.

Do you drink the vodka neat or is it still essential to mix it with lemonade?

I'm really keen on following the advice of people on here and keeping my carrying of stuff to a minimal so if I can avoid a couple of litre bottles i will! :P

Do you drink the vodka neat or is it still essential to mix it with lemonade?

I'm really keen on following the advice of people on here and keeping my carrying of stuff to a minimal so if I can avoid a couple of litre bottles i will! :P