Clashfinder 2010

Guest halvin

Sean Rowley has been added to the Queen's Head for every night.

Joshua Radin has been added before The Courtneers (where the Gaslight Anthem were :P ) and after Disraeli and the Small Gods on Saturday with the first TBA on the Neuf that day removed.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope I'm not going to screw the pooch by mentioning this but I've been contacted by the festival who said they'd like to make it the 'official' Glastonbury clashfinder once I've got the official times. They said that they can't pay me because they're not that kind of festival (in reality, I guess any money that they'd pay me wouldn't go to the charities that they support, which are also the charities that I support, so it all works out) but it will raise the profile of my site and I'll get the official times earlier than I normally would.

I think that this is pretty awesome of them, especially when you compare it to to V Festival's typical response to clashfinders, which is to release the lawyers (I believe).

Neil: if you're reading this and you think I shouldn't be blabbing, feel free to delete the post or PM me and tell me to shut my trap. I wasn't told by GFL to keep my mouth shut.

Halvin

Just wanted to add my congratulations on your recognition for the sterling work you do.

Your clashfinder has been greatly appreciated by our group for the last couple of years, and I am certain will continue to be invaluable to us in the future.

Thanks for all your efforts.

I hope I'm not going to screw the pooch by mentioning this but I've been contacted by the festival who said they'd like to make it the 'official' Glastonbury clashfinder once I've got the official times. They said that they can't pay me because they're not that kind of festival (in reality, I guess any money that they'd pay me wouldn't go to the charities that they support, which are also the charities that I support, so it all works out) but it will raise the profile of my site and I'll get the official times earlier than I normally would.

I think that this is pretty awesome of them, especially when you compare it to to V Festival's typical response to clashfinders, which is to release the lawyers (I believe).

Neil: if you're reading this and you think I shouldn't be blabbing, feel free to delete the post or PM me and tell me to shut my trap. I wasn't told by GFL to keep my mouth shut.

Halvin mate,

I've been a long time lurker on this site and very rarely have things to say. But I have to add a very warm thanks for all your hard work. I've introduced all my friends to your work and each year when someone new is joining us, I get a little emotional seeing them peruse the clashfinder.

I'm absolutely made up you've got the recognition fella and big love to Glastonbury for realising how good a tool you've produced.

Taff

Wonderful that you're getting this recognition Halvin -- and very well deserved. I only hope it doesn't result in a flood of thankless demands being sent your way.

Having said that... how much would it take to provide the schedule in some kind of machine readable format - XML or JSON - so that mashup type people could have free rein with it?