announcement tomorrow

Guest eFestivals

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another tottaly disinteresting announcement..sorry for negativity but line up is doing 100% nothing for me this year... can we atleast have James Walsh maybe? hmmmm

i kno its not all about the 'bigger' artists which makes the festival wat it is..ill still go, have a great time, discover some new great talent i'm sure... but it just seems over the last 4 or 5 years since i started going SSW the line ups have been growing better and stronger year by year... along with the increase in ticket prices...which has happened again this year but we seem to have taken a few footsteps back with the line up ? no? maybe im just going mad who knows but doesnt quite seem right to me...

oh and ill end on a positive note. bring on the Doves at the De Mont tomoz night :P

Another tottaly disinteresting announcement..sorry for negativity but line up is doing 100% nothing for me this year... can we atleast have James Walsh maybe? hmmmm

i kno its not all about the 'bigger' artists which makes the festival wat it is..ill still go, have a great time, discover some new great talent i'm sure... but it just seems over the last 4 or 5 years since i started going SSW the line ups have been growing better and stronger year by year... along with the increase in ticket prices...which has happened again this year but we seem to have taken a few footsteps back with the line up ? no? maybe im just going mad who knows but doesnt quite seem right to me...

oh and ill end on a positive note. bring on the Doves at the De Mont tomoz night :P

I don't know how you can say the headliners last year (2009) weren't very good. Come on... The Charlatans, The Streets and The Zutons were massive coups. Ok, The Streets didn't play, but hey ho. And Seasick Steve this year, I know he's played before, but thanks to Glasto & Jools Holland, he's massive now - a really good booking!

I don't know how you can say the headliners last year (2009) weren't very good. Come on... The Charlatans, The Streets and The Zutons were massive coups. Ok, The Streets didn't play, but hey ho. And Seasick Steve this year, I know he's played before, but thanks to Glasto & Jools Holland, he's massive now - a really good booking!

Very underwhelmed if I'm honest. Guessing no more decent festival bands to be announced.

Guessing the saturday and sunday headliners will have nothing on last years. Seasick steve ftw though.

Geh- yeah, dissapointed.

The kendall line up is pretty decent but that seems to be a festival that is aimed at a slightly different audience ( with Erol alkan/justin robertson etc).. Summer sundae has more of a folky vibe to the line up than kendall callings dancier line up.

it would have been nice to have the coral/badly drawn boy/dj yoda. but would you really want calvin harris to grace the summer sundae stage? i can aready read the post regarding how summer sundae's changed if he did play let alone headline.

i'll take those announcements with a pinch of salt. not fussed about vickers but i'm pretty sure there will be someone who's well excited, its just they don't use these boards to voice their excitement.

having a line up of the calibre of sundays indoor stage its worth the ticket price alone.

Have a look where else The Zutons and The Charlatans played last year - festivals cheaper than SSW in some cases. Im not usually that arsed about who plays myself and I know I'll come away having found a new band I love. But we are getting less for our money and that means less value. Have a look at Kendal Calling for £85 and The Wickerman for similar (when their line up is announced).

The kendall line up is pretty decent but that seems to be a festival that is aimed at a slightly different audience ( with Erol alkan/justin robertson etc).. Summer sundae has more of a folky vibe to the line up than kendall callings dancier line up.

it would have been nice to have the coral/badly drawn boy/dj yoda. but would you really want calvin harris to grace the summer sundae stage? i can aready read the post regarding how summer sundae's changed if he did play let alone headline.

i'll take those announcements with a pinch of salt. not fussed about vickers but i'm pretty sure there will be someone who's well excited, its just they don't use these boards to voice their excitement.

having a line up of the calibre of sundays indoor stage its worth the ticket price alone.

I have to say that I have mixed feelings about the line-up now it is more or less complete. I was optimistic at first and there are still a fair number of bands further down the line up that I would like to see (Frankie & the Heartstrings, Stornoway, Local Natives, etc). However, I do think that there is a question about whether Summer Sundae delivers this year when it comes to big name acts which after all is what most people expect when you're paying upwards of £100 for a weekend ticket.

As people have mentioned above, festivals such as Kendal Calling do seem to be outdoing SS10 in this respect and when you look at the line up at Y-Not for half the price, you do question whether you're getting value for money. For example, are The Go Team (if that's who it turns out to be headlining on saturday) really a big enough name to carry a festival of this size??

I don't want to be overly critical because I know that the people who organise SS do a great job and i'm sure this year will still turn out to be as good as the previous ones, i'm just concerned about how the festival is going to sell enough tickets to the casual music listener without big names.

I don't want to be overly critical because I know that the people who organise SS do a great job and i'm sure this year will still turn out to be as good as the previous ones, i'm just concerned about how the festival is going to sell enough tickets to the casual music listener without big names.

Funnily enough (or not) I was looking at Y-Not the other day with regard to how weak it looked at the top end. Nobody needs to see the Subways headlining a festival in 2010 (and they're doing 2000 Trees as well) with OK Go as the big international band.

I don't know how you can say the headliners last year (2009) weren't very good. Come on... The Charlatans, The Streets and The Zutons were massive coups.

Hi. I've been trying to log in to add a comment, but that's not been possible, until now.

I'll post the running order by tomorrow morning.

A couple of points: Summer Sundae is 6000 capacity, Kendal Calling 8000. I personally think both festivals have got a great bill. Any festival with our restricted capacity is going to be only do so much with the budget available.

We've received a number of "congratulations" from our "peer festivvals" on the bill. There are a number of festivals out there that would love to have our headliners. I think Mumford and Sons are a great coup for us.

I hope that Summer Sundae is seen as a great bill of acts across 4 stages and 3 days. Taking a look at previous bills I think this one compares favourably with the balance of names and new faces. We could of course book less acts and spend more on headliners, but then we would be a different festival!

Hi. I've been trying to log in to add a comment, but that's not been possible, until now.

I'll post the running order by tomorrow morning.

A couple of points: Summer Sundae is 6000 capacity, Kendal Calling 8000. I personally think both festivals have got a great bill. Any festival with our restricted capacity is going to be only do so much with the budget available.

We've received a number of "congratulations" from our "peer festivvals" on the bill. There are a number of festivals out there that would love to have our headliners. I think Mumford and Sons are a great coup for us.

I hope that Summer Sundae is seen as a great bill of acts across 4 stages and 3 days. Taking a look at previous bills I think this one compares favourably with the balance of names and new faces. We could of course book less acts and spend more on headliners, but then we would be a different festival!