19 new bands

Guest jaab

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well judging by this post:

Unearth book June European Dates with The Black Dahlia Murder

I reckon The Black Dahlia Murder are a shoe-in for a return to Download. Not everyone's cup of tea, but incredibly, I haven't seen them yet, and missed them on their Bonecrusher fest tour earlier this year. I reckon this would make them a must-see this time around! Certainly hope they're in the announcement on Monday - some real metal!

Hoping to see Andrew W.K. announced too. Come on AC, you know it makes sense!

On the new Sonisphere announcement: what an anti-climax. Undoubtedly some good bands there: Would be gutted if this means no Sick of It All or Municipal Waste, and I'm sure the missus would be gutted to lose out on Lacuna Coil after jamming to 'Our Truth' on Rock Band! Would also have liked Therapy? again.

However, Pendulum as special guests?! Not the Faith No More or Manowar everyone was expecting. Crossover appeal yes, but not sure this extends to Maiden fans. Sonisphere have obviously seen how well they've gone down at other fests and want a piece of the drum 'n' bass pie.

AIC I expected to play Sonisphere, and Municipal Waste are best seen in a 250-capacity venue causing carnage. The rest (Europe, Terrorvision, Renegades and Rise To Remain) I could care less about.

Still feel the bad outweighs the good at Sonisphere, and that's not me being pro-Download - gutted about seeing some of those names I first mentioned getting announced if it means they don't play Donington. But I reckon Download can trump this. Hopefully they'll get the next bumper announcement right.

See my mate is a HUGE Pendulum fan and so she is ridiculously excited now that Pendulum have been announced for Soni!!

Personally, I really like the Sonisphere line up. :P But yes, it's not quite as good as DL at the moment and I'm hoping DL put up some really good additions next week too!!!

Edited by bekimo

Pendulum dont excite me because they seem to be a band if you wait 5 minutes, they will no doubt play where ever you are from anyway - even if its a village with ten people in it.

Problem with Pendulum is, they were really good...then Prodigy came back and showed everyone how its actually done and Pendulum took a nose dive.

Sonisphere would have been better booking them as Rammstein support rather than Maiden support (if indeed they had to give them that high a spot at all)

Hopefully we'll get some decent bands in the next announcement, or at least something to stop some of the crying at least.

I doubt this announcement is going to pull any blinders, imo the best we can hope for it Slash, Alexisonfire and 19 or so 'nobodies'. It's just going to flesh out the main and second stage and give us our top 3rd stage bands I'd assume.

The rumours so far are pretty weak imo too, BDM I'd like but fear they'll get stuffed somewhere clash-tastic on the Friday and the rest - Flyleaf, Logan, Zebrahead, Black Spiders, Senser do nothing for me at all :/.

It'll only take like 2 or 3 gems in clash-free slots for me to walk out of this announcement happy anyway, just need something to see on the saturday i guess >_>.

Personally I think the Black Spiders are awesome, however from what I've read, they'll be on third again, which is not much of a progression - they'd be more suited now as an early second stage band, they're getting a lot of exposure through touring with The Wildhearts, Airbourne and the like.

The Damned Things are also playing London on June 10th - the supergroup featuring Scott Ian and Rob Caggiano of Anthrax, Every Time I Die's Keith Buckley, and the drummer and guitarist from Fall Out Boy. They're also playing the Metal Hammer Golden Gods so they must be playing Download, surely?

Their line-up is a bit of a weird mix, but I've generally liked anything the Anthrax and ETID guys have put their name to, and I'll forgive the FOB contingent for their previous 'sins' if The Damned Things turns out alright!

Unearth clarifies European Tour Dates

Ugh. Looks like the above reports now perhaps rules out The Black Dahlia Murder. Grrrrrrr.....

Cypress Hill seem likely for DL as their tour dates have a DL shaped hole.....plus they are playing in Germany on Sun 6th June so now presumably cant do the Rage gig in London which they were TBC on eFestivals to be doing.

6 Jun 2010 20:00

Rock Am Ring Festival Nurburg

http://www.myspace.com/cypresshill

I really want to see them at DL - such a great band !

I reckon the bands will look something like:

MAIN STAGE:

Andrew W.K

Slash

Flyleaf

Zebrahead

Cypress Hill

3 other 'nobody' bands

SECOND STAGE:

7 or 8 pretty awful bands

THIRD STAGE:

Alexisonfire

Alestorm?

AFI

AFI and Alexisonfire on 3rd stage? Are you mental? I reckond ETID could be there thsi year. Where has all this Andrew WK stuff come from?

Cypress Hill seem likely for DL as their tour dates have a DL shaped hole.....plus they are playing in Germany on Sun 6th June so now presumably cant do the Rage gig in London which they were TBC on eFestivals to be doing.

6 Jun 2010 20:00

Rock Am Ring Festival Nurburg

http://www.myspace.com/cypresshill

I really want to see them at DL - such a great band !

Hopefully they'll be somewhere pointless on the fourth stage and not in the next announcement, but another **** band have self confirmed either way called sweethead :P.

http://www.myspace.com/sweethead

EDIT: Seems to be something to do with a QOTSA member or something... on reflection it's not as terrible as it sounded drunk last night. Still pisses me off as one song sounds exactly like another which I can't figure out... and I can't figure out if it's supposed to or not 0_o.

Just saw they're playing the Friday anyway so should be third stage and out the way, which is good :P.

Edited by jammy2211

Hopefully they'll be somewhere pointless on the fourth stage and not in the next announcement, but another **** band have self confirmed either way called sweethead :P.

http://www.myspace.com/sweethead

EDIT: Seems to be something to do with a QOTSA member or something... on reflection it's not as terrible as it sounded drunk last night. Still pisses me off as one song sounds exactly like another which I can't figure out... and I can't figure out if it's supposed to or not 0_o.

Just saw they're playing the Friday anyway so should be third stage and out the way, which is good :P.

I reckon the bands will look something like:

MAIN STAGE:

Andrew W.K

Slash

Flyleaf

Zebrahead

Cypress Hill

3 other 'nobody' bands

SECOND STAGE:

7 or 8 pretty awful bands

THIRD STAGE:

Alexisonfire

Alestorm?

AFI

AFI and Alexisonfire on 3rd stage? Are you mental? I reckond ETID could be there thsi year. Where has all this Andrew WK stuff come from?

If this AC/DC keeps up then to be honest Cypress Hill for Friday on the mainstage is very unlikely. They fit the Saturday, maybe they'd squeeze them in somewhere.

Also, Elliot Minor suck copious amounts of balls. You're right though, they probably will play.