Who cant you believe you've seen live ?

Guest swede

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18'6 (18 shillings and sixpence for the youngsters!) would be roughly 92p in todays money as we no longer have the half pence.

14'6 = 72p

16'6 = 82p

22'6 = £1.12

Someone else can hopefully work out how much this would today taking into account inflation. :P

I have been lucky enough to see

AC/DC on For Those tour

Stone Roses at Leeds Met

Pixies at Leeds Met ( prob the maddest gig I have ever been to )

The Smiths on the Queen is Dead Tour

The Cribs - playing to 5 people literraly

I never got to see Husker Du thos cos I was grounded when they played Leeds Warehouse !

:P

Ah... the days you could buy a house for 42p, or near enough according to my Ma who is either very blinkered for the good old days, or took way too much stuff shes not admitting to!

I went to that !

I have a recording of the Blackfoot set on my i-tunes !!

U2 played Milton Keynes that day and I only when I looked around the coach and saw no

metal fans did I realise I was on the wrong bus. Luckily this was before either coach had

set off

I will still have my ticket somewhere I reckon !!!

I have been lucky enough to see

AC/DC on For Those tour

Stone Roses at Leeds Met

Pixies at Leeds Met ( prob the maddest gig I have ever been to )

The Smiths on the Queen is Dead Tour

The Cribs - playing to 5 people literraly

I never got to see Husker Du thos cos I was grounded when they played Leeds Warehouse !

Edited by StoneCircle

At Glasto:

David Bowie

Bjork

Neil Young

Paul Weller

Elsewhere:

Simon & Garfunkel

Roger Waters

Pixies

Pearl Jam

Bob Dylan

Robert Plant

And get to see Macca it IOW this summer, followed by Stevie at Glasto - perfect!

Edited by Miathedog

Whilst the very large majority of people would think the following bands are no big deal, I kind of see them as modern legends, so it kind of blows me away that I've seen Taking Back Sunday, Alexisonfire and Jimmy Eat World.

Pixies and Pearl Jam - saw both at Leeds fest a few years back and they were awesome.

Them Crooked Vultures secret gig at Leeds last year, and Faith No More last year - amazing!

Eagles of Death Metal at the Empire in Boro, simply because there's rarely any good bands on round here and I love those guys :P

Dire Straits - first ever gig

The Rolling Stones - Voodoo Lounge tour

Santana

Neil Young

Rage Against the Machine

Alice in Chains

Mr Bungle x2

Sonic Youth

The Cure

David Bowie

The Police

Aphex Twin

Nine Inch Nails x7 (best live band i've ever seen)

Iggy Pop and the Stooges

Kiss

New Order

Kraftwerk

The Tea Party

Bjork

Not a bad list when i think about it. :-)

Know keeping giglists is pretty sad, but feck it :P , I'm pretty happy with mine, considering only 26 still. Seen some right dross aswell, but some fantastic nights.

Legends/Oldies:

David Gilmour (with Richard Wright, Dick Parry & David Crosby, Graham Nash and David Bowie on guest vocals), Neil Young (3), David Bowie (his own gig), Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones (2), Eric Clapton (4), Stevie Wonder, Santana (2), BB King, Buddy Guy, Fleetwood Mac, Elton John with the Royal Academy Orchestra and Choir (about 130 piece), Fleetwood Mac, Brian Wilson, Prince, The Who, Van Morrison (2), Leonard Cohen, James Brown (2), Herbie Hancock, Tracy Chapman (2), Crosby Stills and Nash, Peter Gabriel, Yes, Patti Smith (with backing band of Silver Mt. Zion, Flea and Adrian Utley of Portishead), Paul Weller, John Fogerty, Jimmy Cliff, Taj Mahal, Peter Green, Tower of Power, Solomon Burke, Christie Moore, The Specials, Blondie, Jools Holland (4), Bill Wyman, New Order, Status Quo, Neil Diamond, The Zombies, Candi Staton, Sister Sledge, Geno Washington, Denis Lecorriere (Dr. Hook), Gary Moore.

Rock/Metal/Punk

Muse (5), Pearl Jam (3, including Astoria), Foo Fighters (3, including Astoria and also the acoustic show at Apollo Theatre, Victoria), Metallica (2), Queens of the Stone Age (3), Mars Volta (4), Pixies, White Stripes, Smashing Pumpkins (Shepherds Bush), Nine Inch Nails, Them Crooked Vultures, Rammstein, Deftones, Red Hot Chili Peppers (2), Skunk Anansie, Mastodon, Slayer, A Silver Mt. Zion (3), Incubus (5), Spinal Tap, Silverchair, Audioslave, Velvet Revolver, Marilyn Manson, Death From Above 1979, The Breeders, Biffy Clyro, Brand New, Grinderman (2), Jimmy Eat World (2), Pennywise, Buzzcocks, Lost Prophets, Terrorvision, Godsmack, Garbage, Cooper Temple Clause, Black Mountain, The Hives, Reuben, Eagles of Death Metal, Frank Black, Hundred Reasons (2), A, Capdown, Enter Shikari, Within Temptation, Billy Talent, The Bravery.

Dance/Chill/Funk/Jazz

Faithless (3), Chemical Brothers (3), Prodigy (2), Moby (2), LCD Soundsystem, Justice, Bassment Jaxx, UNKLE, Goldfrapp, Portishead, 2manydjs, Air, Zero 7, Royksopp, Massive Attack, Lamb, Fat Freddys Drop (2), Michael Franti & Spearhead, Ozomatli, DJ Yoda, Annie Mac, Hercules and Love Affair, Errors, Audio Bullys, Mauro Picotto, Dave Pearce, Ethiopiques (Mulatu Astatke etc), Portico Quartet, Herbie Hancock, Buena Vista Social Club (only for 2 songs though), The Perceptions, Braindead Collective.

Popular/Indie/Acousticy

Radiohead (3), REM (3), Blur, Oasis, Coldplay, Bjork (2), Arcade Fire, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Ben Harper (4), The Strokes, Rodrigo y Gabriela (4), Joanna Newsom, Elbow (2), Sigur Ros (2), Beck, Death Cab for Cutie (3), Counting Crows (2), Flaming Lips, Bloc Party (4), The Verve, The Killers (3), Kings of Leon (3), Damien Rice (3), Lenny Kravitiz (2), Soulwax (2), Austalian Pink Floyd (2), Supergrass (2), Alanis Morissette, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Scott Matthews (3), Arctic Monkeys, Modest Mouse, Regina Spektor, Primal Scream, Morrissey, Minus the Bear, Bat For Lashes, John Butler Trio (2), Eric Bibb (3), Beth Gibbons, The Levellers (2), Polyphonic Spree, Kasabian (2), Jack Johnson, Manic Street Preachers, Suede, Brakes, Tori Amos, Band of Horses, Bon Iver, Gomez, Interpol (2), Jose Gonzalez, Joseph Arthur, Tindersticks, My Morning Jacket, Raconteurs, Tom Vek, Amadou & Mariam (2), Good Bad & the Queen, Mew, The Music, Turin Breaks, Low Anthem (2), Martha Wainwright (3), Rufus Wainwright, G Love and Special Sauce, The Dears, Idlewild, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Seasick Steve, Metric, Ben Folds, Florence and the Machine, Murder by Death, The Aliens, Yeasayer, Deus, The National, Amy Winehouse (2), Franz Ferdinand (3), Blood Red Shoes, MGMT, Stars, The Dø, Slow Club (2), Guillemots, Snow Patrol (2), British Sea Power, Kaiser Chiefs, Ash, Razorlight, Stereophonics, David Gray (2), Zutons (2), Reef, Feeder (2), Donovan Frankenreiter, We Are Scientists, Tom McRae, Nada Surf, Rachel Unthank and the Winterset, CSS, The Go! Team, Alabama 3, Imagined Village, Delays, Magic Numbers, Scissor Sisters, Shortwave Set, Johnny Foreigner, The Twilight Sad, Blue Roses, Broken Records, We Have Band, The Gossip, Micah P Hinson, M. Ward, Rilo Kiley, Roisin Murphy, Gemma Hayes, Erin McKeown, A Hawk and a Hacksaw, Alexander Tucker, Seal Cub Clubbing Club, Editors, The Subways, Klaxons, Jamie Cullum, Babyshambles, Badly Drawn Boy, Matt Costa, Devon Sproule, Smerin's Anti-Social Club (2), Bad Science, Ten Ton Tongue, Hayseed Dixie, Red Snapper, Soap&Skin, Emmy the Great (2), We Have Band, Hot Rats, KT Tunstall, Dandy Warhols, Get Cape Wear Cape Fly, Amos Lee, Tim Vanhamel (Millionaire), James Taylor Quartet, Mark Ronson, Cold War Kids, Black Kids, Captain, Jason Mraz, Sam Isaac, Jeremy Warmsley, The Stands, Priscilla Ahn, Tom Baxter, The Others, David Saw, Cerys Matthews, Ben Andrews, The New York Fund, Punch Brothers, Soko, Sebastien Tellier, King Porter Stomp, Eleonor McEvoy, Patrick Watson, John Legend , Air Traffic, Black Box Revelation, Rootjoose, A Genuine Freakshow, Rosie and the Goldbug, Eli Paperboy Reed, Sunshine Underground, Electric Six, Har Mar Superstar, Ordinary Boys, Hard Fi, Nelly Furtado, Sugababes, 5ive, All American Rejects, Ocean Colour Scene, Embrace, Athlete, The Enemy, The Kooks, The Thrills, Thirteen Senses, East 17, The Darkness, Keane, Kubb, Paulo Nutini, Kate Nash, Joss Stone, Panic at the Disco, Duffy.

Hip Hop/Rap:

Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, Jurassic 5, Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Dizzie Rascal, N.E.R.D, DJ Format.

....also

Shlomo and the Vocal Orchestra Present Music by Unconventional Means (2)

1. with DJ Yoda, Martha Wainwright, Portico Quartet, Reverend and the Makers, Get Cape Wear Cape Fly, Ed Harcourt

2. with Imogen Heap, DJ Yoda, Jarvis Cocker, Marcus Brigstocke.

----

I also had tickets for Ray Charles for the year before he passed on, but it got cancelled and sadly he never played again. Had tickets for Michael Jackson's last gig, and for Daft Punk in Amsterdam but my Gran passed on, so had to give up my ticket and come back home for the funeral.

Upcoming Gigs/Festivals: Just Glasto, Pavement and Joanna Newsom currently.

Edited by ralph250

Know keeping giglists is pretty sad, but feck it :P , I'm pretty happy with mine, considering only 26 still. Seen some right dross aswell, but some fantastic nights.

Legends/Oldies:

David Gilmour (with Richard Wright, Dick Parry & David Crosby, Graham Nash and David Bowie on guest vocals), Neil Young (3), David Bowie (his own gig), Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones (2), Eric Clapton (4), Stevie Wonder, Santana (2), BB King, Buddy Guy, Fleetwood Mac, Elton John with the Royal Academy Orchestra and Choir (about 130 piece), Fleetwood Mac, Brian Wilson, Prince, The Who, Van Morrison (2), Leonard Cohen, James Brown (2), Herbie Hancock, Tracy Chapman (2), Crosby Stills and Nash, Peter Gabriel, Yes, Patti Smith (with backing band of Silver Mt. Zion, Flea and Adrian Utley of Portishead), Paul Weller, John Fogerty, Jimmy Cliff, Taj Mahal, Peter Green, Tower of Power, Solomon Burke, Christie Moore, The Specials, Blondie, Jools Holland (4), Bill Wyman, New Order, Status Quo, Neil Diamond, The Zombies, Candi Staton, Sister Sledge, Geno Washington, Denis Lecorriere (Dr. Hook), Gary Moore.

Rock/Metal/Punk

Muse (5), Pearl Jam (3, including Astoria), Foo Fighters (3, including Astoria and also the acoustic show at Apollo Theatre, Victoria), Metallica (2), Queens of the Stone Age (3), Mars Volta (4), Pixies, White Stripes, Smashing Pumpkins (Shepherds Bush), Nine Inch Nails, Them Crooked Vultures, Rammstein, Deftones, Red Hot Chili Peppers (2), Skunk Anansie, Mastodon, Slayer, A Silver Mt. Zion (3), Incubus (5), Spinal Tap, Silverchair, Audioslave, Velvet Revolver, Marilyn Manson, Death From Above 1979, The Breeders, Biffy Clyro, Brand New, Grinderman (2), Jimmy Eat World (2), Pennywise, Buzzcocks, Lost Prophets, Terrorvision, Godsmack, Garbage, Cooper Temple Clause, Black Mountain, The Hives, Reuben, Eagles of Death Metal, Frank Black, Hundred Reasons (2), A, Capdown, Enter Shikari, Within Temptation, Billy Talent, The Bravery.

Dance/Chill/Funk/Jazz

Faithless (3), Chemical Brothers (3), Prodigy (2), Moby (2), LCD Soundsystem, Justice, Bassment Jaxx, UNKLE, Goldfrapp, Portishead, 2manydjs, Air, Zero 7, Royksopp, Massive Attack, Lamb, Fat Freddys Drop (2), Michael Franti & Spearhead, Ozomatli, DJ Yoda, Annie Mac, Hercules and Love Affair, Errors, Audio Bullys, Mauro Picotto, Dave Pearce, Ethiopiques (Mulatu Astatke etc), Portico Quartet, Herbie Hancock, Buena Vista Social Club (only for 2 songs though), The Perceptions, Braindead Collective.

Popular/Indie/Acousticy

Radiohead (3), REM (3), Blur, Oasis, Coldplay, Bjork (2), Arcade Fire, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Ben Harper (4), The Strokes, Rodrigo y Gabriela (4), Joanna Newsom, Elbow (2), Sigur Ros (2), Beck, Death Cab for Cutie (3), Counting Crows (2), Flaming Lips, Bloc Party (4), The Verve, The Killers (3), Kings of Leon (3), Damien Rice (3), Lenny Kravitiz (2), Soulwax (2), Austalian Pink Floyd (2), Supergrass (2), Alanis Morissette, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Scott Matthews (3), Arctic Monkeys, Modest Mouse, Regina Spektor, Primal Scream, Morrissey, Minus the Bear, Bat For Lashes, John Butler Trio (2), Eric Bibb (3), Beth Gibbons, The Levellers (2), Polyphonic Spree, Kasabian (2), Jack Johnson, Manic Street Preachers, Suede, Brakes, Tori Amos, Band of Horses, Bon Iver, Gomez, Interpol (2), Jose Gonzalez, Joseph Arthur, Tindersticks, My Morning Jacket, Raconteurs, Tom Vek, Amadou & Mariam (2), Good Bad & the Queen, Mew, The Music, Turin Breaks, Low Anthem (2), Martha Wainwright (3), Rufus Wainwright, G Love and Special Sauce, The Dears, Idlewild, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Seasick Steve, Metric, Ben Folds, Florence and the Machine, Murder by Death, The Aliens, Yeasayer, Deus, The National, Amy Winehouse (2), Franz Ferdinand (3), Blood Red Shoes, MGMT, Stars, The Dø, Slow Club (2), Guillemots, Snow Patrol (2), British Sea Power, Kaiser Chiefs, Ash, Razorlight, Stereophonics, David Gray (2), Zutons (2), Reef, Feeder (2), Donovan Frankenreiter, We Are Scientists, Tom McRae, Nada Surf, Rachel Unthank and the Winterset, CSS, The Go! Team, Alabama 3, Imagined Village, Delays, Magic Numbers, Scissor Sisters, Shortwave Set, Johnny Foreigner, The Twilight Sad, Blue Roses, Broken Records, We Have Band, The Gossip, Micah P Hinson, M. Ward, Rilo Kiley, Roisin Murphy, Gemma Hayes, Erin McKeown, A Hawk and a Hacksaw, Alexander Tucker, Seal Cub Clubbing Club, Editors, The Subways, Klaxons, Jamie Cullum, Babyshambles, Badly Drawn Boy, Matt Costa, Devon Sproule, Smerin's Anti-Social Club (2), Bad Science, Ten Ton Tongue, Hayseed Dixie, Red Snapper, Soap&Skin, Emmy the Great (2), We Have Band, Hot Rats, KT Tunstall, Dandy Warhols, Get Cape Wear Cape Fly, Amos Lee, Tim Vanhamel (Millionaire), James Taylor Quartet, Mark Ronson, Cold War Kids, Black Kids, Captain, Jason Mraz, Sam Isaac, Jeremy Warmsley, The Stands, Priscilla Ahn, Tom Baxter, The Others, David Saw, Cerys Matthews, Ben Andrews, The New York Fund, Punch Brothers, Soko, Sebastien Tellier, King Porter Stomp, Eleonor McEvoy, Patrick Watson, John Legend , Air Traffic, Black Box Revelation, Rootjoose, A Genuine Freakshow, Rosie and the Goldbug, Eli Paperboy Reed, Sunshine Underground, Electric Six, Har Mar Superstar, Ordinary Boys, Hard Fi, Nelly Furtado, Sugababes, 5ive, All American Rejects, Ocean Colour Scene, Embrace, Athlete, The Enemy, The Kooks, The Thrills, Thirteen Senses, East 17, The Darkness, Keane, Kubb, Paulo Nutini, Kate Nash, Joss Stone, Panic at the Disco, Duffy.

Hip Hop/Rap:

Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, Jurassic 5, Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Dizzie Rascal, N.E.R.D, DJ Format.

....also

Shlomo and the Vocal Orchestra Present Music by Unconventional Means (2)

1. with DJ Yoda, Martha Wainwright, Portico Quartet, Reverend and the Makers, Get Cape Wear Cape Fly, Ed Harcourt

2. with Imogen Heap, DJ Yoda, Jarvis Cocker, Marcus Brigstocke.

----

I also had tickets for Ray Charles for the year before he passed on, but it got cancelled and sadly he never played again. Had tickets for Michael Jackson's last gig, and for Daft Punk in Amsterdam but my Gran passed on, so had to give up my ticket and come back home for the funeral.

Upcoming Gigs/Festivals: Just Glasto, Pavement and Joanna Newsom currently.

Rolf Harris at Glasto last year was awsome and Tom Jones! Pretty chuffed about seeing them.

Blur too that was good and The Verve caught them both during their brief reformations.

Spinal Tap haha, Manic Street Preachers, Paul Weller, The Specials, Madness, Oasis (one of their last gigs).

Lenny Kravitz too that was a wierd one but still kind of cool....

Ive probably seen bigger bands than the ones mentioned but there the ones I feel really lucky to have gotten a chance to see especially as Im only 19 and there are lots of bands Ive seen that my parents missed the chance to see.

A few of many......

Worst (bad beyond belief): Paul Young, Simply Red , Diana Ross.

Allright but dont say too loud: Madonna, Michael Jackson.

In their heyday and brilliant: Jam, Clash, Squeeze,GunsnRoses,Genesis,Fleetwood Mac, Elton John,Specials,Paul Simon,Queen, Clapton,Elvis Costello,

Enjoyable Singalongs: Madness,Tom Jones

Beyond belief: Peter Gabriel, Arcade Fire, Springsteen,Blur(Last Year), Pink Floyd, Led Zep,The Who

But cant believe I saw: Sex Pistols.

Off now to find my old ticket stubs going back to 1978!.........age shall not weary us.