So who's happy with the first announcement?

Guest fat_man_joe

Now I've had a good look it's OK I guess. Looking forward to Gogol Bordello, Weezer and QOTSA on the main stage, the rest of Friday & Sunday (Reading) is pretty bad. Saturday looks better with the Maccabees, the Cribs and Arcade Fire. Normally with a line-up like the main stage I'd be spending some time in the tent but that doesn't inspire much. Overall better than last year I think, hopefully the FR stage will have some good bands and there's still the sausage and mash in a giant yorkshire pudding to look forward to.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After studying it I decided I am happy with it. lol.

I wanna see: Arcade Fire, The Libertines, Blink, Weezer, Limp Bizkit, Guns N Roses, QOTSA, Biffy Clyro, NOFX, Mumford and Sons :P

I'm a lock up girl though so I'm most looking forward to seeing who is playing on there.

N I still hope MCR get added in somewhere!

Think it is a very well balanced lineup this year.

Lots of indie for the indie lovers and plenty of rock for the rock lovers, a bit of emo/punk thrown in for good measure and that is without the lockup being announced.

Obviously, the dance tent and a few other bands and the after hours will provide the dance element of the festival.

Pretty good mix to be honest, think some years have been too orientated to a certain type of music but this year is really balanced, which is probably why theres about 20 of us going instead of the usual 6-12 as there is something for everyone (in the genres that you could expect at the festival at least)

very happy with line-up.this was the first year since 2003 that i didnt buy tickets on pre-sale after being disapointed with last years line up. but after seeing the bands booked for this year i got a ticket.cant believe friday, that'll be the first time ive watched the top 5 main stage bands in a row(last year there were only 5 bands over the whole weekend that i wanted to see),add blink,weezer,limp bizkit plus the lock up hasnt been announced yet.cant wait

Unsure what to do on the Friday Reading as LCD and GnR are two bands that don't really affect me, especially with GnR being a tribute act, saturday is pretty good as is most of sunday, and broke for a ticket even after having a mixed time last year!

The Saturday at Reading is the strongest for me.

Arcade Fire are one of the bands of the last five years. Two fantastic albums so far. Incredible live, definitely deserve a go at headlining a big festival.

Libertines reunion is a pretty big deal, I'm a big fan of theirs, but can understand why a lot of people are not.

Modest Mouse, Gaslight Anthem and the Cribs are all underrated imo. Gaslight anthem will be a big name soon. Modest mouse are huge in the states but not so much here.

As far as the other days go...

GNR- not sure with it just being Axl.

Blink- never really understood the hype. Shouldn't be as big an act as they are imo. Same for paramore actually

Biffy are not what they used to be

Limp Bizkit would be a laugh, but they are effectively a novelty act

And Kele Okereke being booked before an album release?! I don't like that

QOTSA, Weezer, LCD Soundsystem and Gogol Bordello are all good bookings

I think there’s way to much pop shit in there personally.

This isn’t ‘returning to the festival roots’ as somebody described it.

I also think anybody excited to see Gun n Roses, hasn’t witnessed the recent tours. .

There are too many repeat bookings.

I hope the NME stage improves in the second announcement.

Over the moon with Guns N Roses, QOTSA, Biffy, Lost Prophets, NOFX, Cypress Hill, Limp Bizkit, Weezer and Blink 182! Especially considering the rubbish thats been on throughout the day on main the last few years!

Saturday doesn't appeal at all so far, either in the NME or main stage, so hopefully the lockups gonna be awesome! :P

Overall 9/10 for me.. A big improvement from the last few years (Bar QOTSA, Rage, Tenacious D and Metallica in 08)

Think headliners are weak on both mainstage and NME, Friday at Leeds mainstage is just meh, Saturday is going to feel like some sort of time warp and Sunday is WTF? how does lost prophets go from headlining nme and third from top to playing below biffy? :P

I think there’s way to much pop shit in there personally.

This isn’t ‘returning to the festival roots’ as somebody described it.

I also think anybody excited to see Gun n Roses, hasn’t witnessed the recent tours. .

There are too many repeat bookings.

I hope the NME stage improves in the second announcement.