most disappointing performance at glasto

Guest crashnburn

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine was The Killers 2007 Pyramid. I didn't really want to see them anyway but I was with a mate who insisted. I thought the sound was rubbish and the performance was very wooden and contrived. Would have much rather watched Iggy

Amy Winehouse in 2008 was a bit like watching a car crash in slow motion

Didn't care for New Order in 2005 either with Bernard Sumner behaving like a dad at a wedding disco

• 3 weeks later...

Going to see someone that you're not sure if you might like and having your suspicions confirmed is one thing, but turning up to see a favourite and being deeply disappointed is something else. The award for this (for me) has to go to Bright Eyes in 2005 when they headlined the Sunday night (forgot which tent) and Connor was so off his face he played a rubbish set, insulted the audience and called John Peel a 'coke head'. Not exactly the good end to the festival I was hoping for.

How the hell could you call prodigy bad?

There performance was amazing.

Watch the Videos of them on youtube.

Anyway, mine would be

Jason Mraz

and Enter shikari - I know they were bad we any my mate only wanted to see them because of the mosh pit. Realized the whole crowed was dead.

British Sea Power in 2008 were disappointing for me. I was really looking forward to seeing them so maybe I over hyped it for myself, but I thought the gig was a little too mellow for a festival afternoon, and I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I was expecting to.

I was there, andit was embaressing, about 50 people watching by the end. That said, I knew wat I was going to get, and a relaxing melancholy hour was what I needed. The mate I was with who had never heard of them bought their Greatest Hits on the Monday we got back he enjoyed it so much.

Perhaps I over-invested (get me - how corporate speak am I?), the Tindersticks Curtains was the album of my ... courtship with my lovely other half (DaisyLou on here). Not the only album of their's that I own by any means, but a band that means a lot to me.

P.S. What does one call that period when you are ... wooing ... a lady? I'm honestly not a hundred and fifty years old, but have no idea what it's called. After all, dating is what happens to pre-teen Californians and consorting implies that I'm some sort of pimp (which is purely a hobby, honest!).

Edited by dr_billy

Last year Fleet Foxes really weren't great at all.

Also prodigy didn't quite live up to expectation, but I think it had as much to do with being constantly crushed by crowd surfers than anything, it was a lot better about 30m back from stage.

Oh, and Nick Cave - huge anticlimax. I don't think it was helped by the entire crowd just trying to get spots for blur though.

Edited by darkfish

John Mayer - Takes himself far too seriously

Glasto 2008 (I think)

And The Quo (Glasto 2009) - I don't think it helpes that they were described by the guy annoucing them before they came on as the "Heritage Act" :P

But it seemed to me like they were going through the motions. Was expecting more of a party from them.