2010 World cup

Guest GINGERWILDCAT

We were talking in the pub on friday about the televised games whilst we're at Glasto,our last group qualifying game is on the wednesday so i'd assume that will be shown on the Pyramid stage,but if we get through the next stage will be played either saturday tea/evening or sunday tea/evening,i'd assume that bands won't be affected so will the next stage games be shown,I really can't see that there'll be a field big enough and will the organisers wanna try to arrange something?Will we get to see the saturday/sunday game?

The first game will be on the pyramid stage on Wednesday and the next either Sat or Sunday may be on in the cinema field.

Check out the interview with Emily on the link, she mentions it near the bottom.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/news...?result_list=40

I cant wait, we watched the England v Portugal game on the pyramid stage a few years back and the atmosphere was amazing. They cut to a shot of the festival at half time too, it looked amazing. Ther were more people watching the match at Glasto than were at the actual game!

:P:P:P

Yeah you cant beat kicking off the festival with a England game. Fingers crossed that everyone can get on site in time!

Me and my mates traveled down from Stoke last year and left at 2 in the morning. We got on site 13 hours later!

This time my mum is letting us camp in her garden in Taunton on tuesday night so we can get up early n get on the short trip to the festival. BRING ON THE FIELD!!!

talking out of your arse mate, no way will they lay on a field outside the festival, 50,000 people trying to get out the same gate at the same time. who will steward it, who clears up. would be utter chaos.

talking out of your arse mate, no way will they lay on a field outside the festival, 50,000 people trying to get out the same gate at the same time. who will steward it, who clears up. would be utter chaos.
Edited by Ed209

can wait for the wednesday, will be fantastic watching it on the pyramid with a brothers in hand, remember getting caught up in the rugby crowd last year and i thought that was cool even tho i hate rugby

I'm also looking forward to it.

Remember the Portugal game, I was a little bit worse for wear by the time the penalties started and I wandered off to get another beer from my tent. Missed the penalties, asked a steward who told me England won, it wasn't until the Sunday I realised England had lost.

I personally feel that they'll set up a special screen by the Park. The huge hill behind it will accommodate a sizeable crowd. They may even show other matches e.g. Brazil vs Ivory Coast, but can't imagine that will be a priority.

I really look forward to watching the Wednesday match on the pyramid.

• 1 month later...

Everyone still watching England after yesterdays annoucement.

If it's the sat you'll be missing from half 8 to half 10 at night

If it's the sunday you'll be missing from half 2 to half 4

I've looked through the list and thankfully there is no amazing act who I've not seen before that I have to miss in order to watch the world cup.

I had already resigned myself to not watching the Saturday/Sunday game.

Saturday - I'll probably still miss it.

Sunday - I'll DEFINITELY miss it.

The Sunday line up is simply too good to miss.

Shame, but I'll have it ready on the Sky + when I get home.