oh dear...

Guest iowighter

This is turning out to be the worst fesetival line up Ive ever seen !!!!

Any slight thoughts on changing my mind and attending are now firmly closed.

Edited by Big Jock

what a shame I have booked my hilday for the month after!!!!

This has to be the worst year ever.... (ok there are a few good acts Florence being one but still damn what is he up to) ...... must be saving the pennies for the sunday headliner!

Im not going but i have to comment, my mrs wanted me to ditch download for this, this has to be the worst line up for a big fest ever. No way are the artists booked worth the money when u compare to other fests. I wonder many tix have been sold and how much of the budget went on jay z?

And you guys can say flo is a gud addition, but last but one on main? How can she possibly be in that position! Way too high!

I think I'm gonna stick up for this lineup as the saturday is perfect for me (Vampire Weekend, Biffy, Blondie, The Strokes) thats as good as a top 4 come for me. There's not much to convince me elsewhere but there are some decent acts scattered about and I bet the next headliner will be huge.

A little bit of rejigging and it would be a lot better

How about this

Main Stage

Friday-----------------Saturday----------------Sunday

Jay Z-----------------The Strokes-------------Mystery headliner

Pink------------------Biffy Clyro---------------Blondie

Calvin Harris-----------James-----------------Spandeau Ballet

Mr Hudson--------Vampire Weekend---------Crowded House

Paloma Faith--------The Hold Steady---------Shakesphere Sister

Daisy Dares You--------Hockey---------------?

-------------------------The Saturdays---------?

----------------------------?---------------------Melanie

----------------------------?---------------------Suzanne Vega

----------------------------?---------------------?

Big Top

Doves------------------Florence ATM-------------Orbital

Ocean Colour Scene------NDubz-----------------La Roux

Kinda looks a bit better like that

ah i dont care about the line up!!!! i always have fun just doing the camping bit but there are loads of people/bands i want to see. mainly pink - wanted to see her on tour but was way to expensive so this festival is just a bonus for me!

I don't think it's that poor but it sure as hell must appeal to a younger/chart/pop audience. If you're about 19 this must seem like a great line up. On the other hand Download is surely going to draw away a LOT of people who prefer a more rock orientated range of music - AC/DC, Van Halen and Metallica would get my cash any day.

• 2 months later...

saw the alarm play last week, really good set, new album out and its pretty good, not as good as the 80's stuff, bit more modern. check them out if you have a chance, i'd never really listened to them took my dad to a gig and ended up singing along and have a few of the songs stuck in my head!

Can see where you're coming from...I booked IOW after becoming constantly let down by the V line-up (who have actually now announced their best line-up for years)

BUT Jay Z, Strokes, Macca, Doves, Editors, Friendly Fires, Squeeze, Biffy Clyro, Crowded House, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Alarm, Big Pink, James, OCS, Reef, Steve Harley...enough to keep me occupied...just

(although that Friday night in the Big Top is the first time I've ever looked a festival stage and there is NOTHING on there I wanna see)

Oxegen next year!