OMG..! Stevie F*****G Wonder..!

Guest cheekycheeky

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

record companies often don't know what their acts are doing next week, let alone 5 months away.

In my experience of those in the music biz, people working in record companies have the least accurate info of who is playing where. That doesn't mean they're always wrong, but their record for info received by efests is probably right less than 30% of the time.

So that makes it a one in three chance that hell play then Neil,not bad odds!!! :P

.... except that, in this case, I believe I know the original source to this rumour, and I believe there's very probably nothing to it.

I think it's simply the case that that original rumour has gained a life of it's own without there being any substance to it.

But I could be wrong.

I promise you that he is... I have been 'youtubing' his tunes ever since i found out and now can't wait..! He will be perfect for Glasto... perfect... I am sure he will headline, but really want him to be the 'shirley bassey/ tom jones' slot, in the sun on sunday afternoon... imagine 'You are the sunshine of my life'... with your loved ones around you and the sunday fuzzies all thru you...!! I tell you, I will be crying with joy...!!!!

Edited by cheekycheeky

I know this sounds like a 'my mate says' story, but...... my mate just texted me, record company schmooooozer.. always right... found out tonight..... 1000%.. i know he's right, trust me..!!! How good will this be..????? Oh, and MGMT are almost nailed on, but not as def as Stevie....!!!!

he has a point though. remember kanye west being lined up as headliner then, BANG, jay z.

site is great most of the time, but don't be so naive or brown nosing to believe that it doesnt get stuff wrong.

The Kanye was a guess, and I said it was a guess. It's not comparable in any way.

There is what should be solid info on Stevie wonder - Emily categorically stating ythat he's not playing. She might be telling porkies, but she never has before with line-up stuff to my knowledge.

Added to that is me knowing where the original Stevie rumours originated for 2010, and that there is zero substance behind those initial rumours.

And finally, it is exceedingly rare for anyone in a record company to know where their acts are playing before they're announced as playing - for example, Neil Young's UK record co representative didn't know that he was playing Glastonbury last year until he was announced, and his guess before that announcement was that he wasn't.

I might be wrong, but the history I have of getting the best and most accurate rumours suggests that I'm not. Time will tell. :P

(Do I care if I'm wrong? Nope. I'm just telling you how I see it at this moment).

Specultion, speculation...!!!! SO intriuging non..??

Well I am sticking with my source, f**k knows how he knows, he wont tell me.. he does not work in the record industry as such and is not an industry arse or a coke head..!!! He's just a good, reliable, long time mate so if he says he knows, he knows... He generally does get it right... so, now can we change the theme of the thread and start imagining Stevie IS playing and just start listing the tunes we are dreaming of... I will start with...

Yester me.....

You are the sunshine...

:P

The Kanye was a guess, and I said it was a guess. It's not comparable in any way.

There is what should be solid info on Stevie wonder - Emily categorically stating ythat he's not playing. She might be telling porkies, but she never has before with line-up stuff to my knowledge.

Added to that is me knowing where the original Stevie rumours originated for 2010, and that there is zero substance behind those initial rumours.

And finally, it is exceedingly rare for anyone in a record company to know where their acts are playing before they're announced as playing - for example, Neil Young's UK record co representative didn't know that he was playing Glastonbury last year until he was announced, and his guess before that announcement was that he wasn't.

I might be wrong, but the history I have of getting the best and most accurate rumours suggests that I'm not. Time will tell. :P

(Do I care if I'm wrong? Nope. I'm just telling you how I see it at this moment).

yeah i know but it was a wrong guess. as this could be too. just annoys me when folk take anything you say for gospel and have a go at folk that don't.

i hope you are right though. as i am ticketless and would hate to miss it. selfish prick i know :P