Them Crooked Vultures - to be confirmed

Guest r0w

...according to I'M A DESPERATE SPAMMER. http://www.I'M A DESPERATE SPAMMER.com/download-f...al-2010/lineup/.

so what do they know that we dont? I do remember Andy Copping on twitter a few weeks ago saying their new album was better than anything QOTSA or Foo Fighters have ever done. Quite an over the top statement - why would u make such an over the top statement andy? mmmmmm........now u probably wouldnt overhype a band that are playing a rival festival would you surely?

Edited by r0w

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds more like logical guessing on their part.

Them crooked vultures are rumoured for fests in june so it would make sense they play download as well.

Blink 182 have already said they're doing a european tour next year, and wont be doing the earlier side of the festivals who have already got their initial lineups out. It's hardly rocket science they'll be playing.

I may sound cynical, but anyone who remembers the arcade fire test with virtual festivals is why i don't bother with their websites. Can make up rumours on my own :P

• 2 weeks later...

In a parallel universe somewhere, Download is getting the perfect lineup this year.

AC/DC, Van Halen, Them Crooked Vultures, Wolfmother, Steel Panther,

Second stage

30 seconds to mars, Funeral for a friend

Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Biffy Clyro, Coheed & Cambria

Second Stage

Enter Shikari, The Gaslight Anthem

Metallica, Heaven & Hell, Bullet for my Valentine, Machine Head, Megadeth

Second stage

Beastie Boys, Alice in Chains

In a parallel universe somewhere, Download is getting the perfect lineup this year.

Second stage

Second Stage

Second stage

Second stage

Second Stage

Second stage

Wouldn't the foos be more likely for r/l?

Seeing as tcv only managed to fill Apollo sized venues on their UK tour, I wouldn't have put them at headliner status. I'd say they're in the same league as Velvet revolver were when they first came about & there was a buzz behind them.

I think the beastie boys would be perfect at download... they have the perfect cross over appeal.

And I don't think they're quite the same draw nowadays.... so "the prodigy" second stage slot would have been more suited. I can imagine they'd be quite expensive to book though.

New album due out summer2010 so they should be around also after their appearance at Reading Mervyn Benn or Marvin Benn whatever his name is for arguments sakes lets say Mr Benn came out with a big grin on his face and he's also come out and said his headliners were spoked to and booked at last years R&L

So basically R&L look likely so aslong as they aren't going for the exclusive approach there's a chance for Download