rage against the machine for christmas no1!

Guest rory_oh

I'm not entirely this is true. The X Factor this year finished 2 Saturdays before Xmas (which is the time of year when ITV can charge advertisers the most) So ITV is missing out on a week of advertising income at the most lucrative time of year. The only possible reason why I reckon ITV would do this is because Cowell has said he wants the single to be released in time for it to be Xmas No

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I served one of them at the theatre bar I used to work in. No idea which one it was to this day. But I made sure I looked as thoroughly unimpressed as possible.

A ploy I also enjoyed using when it came to the Rocky Horror show, and not batting an eyelid at people's slutty costumes. They look so disappointed that you haven't "noticed them" it was awesome. Peoples dissappointment is delicious... which brings me to my point....

I hope Joe cries if/when he loses.

:P

I've got on board with it just because I want my colleagues to be confused and perturbed. They were talking about the race for number 1, turns out they were talking about the muppets. When I mentioned RATM my boss pretended, badly, to know what I was talking about. It was a great moment. I want it to win and to enjoy their mild horror in the new year.

Tell me how this campaign is a bad thing when it has raised thousands for Shelter, the charities RATM are giving to with the windfall and the probably increase of sales X Factor have recieved,as well as making the charts a bit of fun for a change? Brought my copy, would be sad to see Killing In The Name get so close and miss out

Edited by howlin_pete

yeah i know, alexandra was over half a million. just thinking though, if it wasn't for this rage campaign, there's no way joe would have sold as much.

and the second paragraph definitely makes sense. as simon says, the christmas number 1 means very little to him, it's more for the artist.