New Tent

Guest Phunkyapple

Ok, my old tent has seens its last festival which was Weyfest 2009! So now seems like a good time to get a new one in readiness for 2010. Wheres a good place to get one? Looking for 2/3 man with a stand up lounge bit but don't want an obscenely large tent.

im thinking of getting a new one for next year. i want to be able to stand in my tent now that ive got to my thirties. my old eurohike has done me proud since 03 but its a struggle crawling into it at night.

You should have gone to V last year, there was tons of tents on the monday as it was raining and nobody could be arsed taking them down, we bagged a 6 man outwell for our Glasto trip this year!

On the serious side you will be hard pushed to get a stand up outwell for £100 but now it's the end of the season you may find a decent one on ebay.

Try also www.yeomansoutdoors.co.uk they have a sale on but again the big tents aren't cheap. A very good smaller tent though is this one http://www.yeomansoutdoors.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=4116 it's billed as a 3 man but is more a comfortable 2 man, and as a solo tent it's well worth the extra few quid over a pop up. It's fairly low but a decent porch area and most importantly dry as a bone.

]

You should have gone to V last year, there was tons of tents on the monday as it was raining and nobody could be arsed taking them down, we bagged a 6 man outwell for our Glasto trip this year!

On the serious side you will be hard pushed to get a stand up outwell for £100 but now it's the end of the season you may find a decent one on ebay.

Try also www.yeomansoutdoors.co.uk they have a sale on but again the big tents aren't cheap. A very good smaller tent though is this one http://www.yeomansoutdoors.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=4116 it's billed as a 3 man but is more a comfortable 2 man, and as a solo tent it's well worth the extra few quid over a pop up. It's fairly low but a decent porch area and most importantly dry as a bone.

i'm on the lookout for a new tent too. my old Khyam 2-man was on it's last legs anyway, but my girlfriend said she wouldnt be going back to glastonbury unless we bought a new, bigger tent in which she could stand up

i love my khyam because it's SO easy to put up, but i think it's seen it's last glasto :(

Edited by tarff26

Since Flybe lost my trusty Gelert 3 Tornado on route from Bestival - Loopallu, I need to get a suitable replacement B)

I travel alot by bus/train/planes etc to festivals so need a lightweight but decent quality tent.

Anyone had any experience with the Gelert Everest 2 or anything similar that they can recommend? :(