V is the worst festival going.

Guest stephen07

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes we all know that Glastonbury is the 'best festival' out there but maybe for some people V is all they want, it's a laid back major festival that attracts some top acts with the money they pay. Yes it's a bit pricey and yes it only runs over 2 days and yes it has a lot of pop acts but seriously some people are happy enough with it and whether they know better or not they shouldn't be slated for chosing to go there.

Get a life bitches! :)

• 2 weeks later...

This year i went to download, leeds, and v fest(staffordshire)

and had a brilliant time at all of them

download i got to be the metalhead i am deep down (and see journey!!!)

V fest was a chilled weekend, where i saw some class acts, had fun, saw bands i wouldnt normally see and loved the whole thing

and leeds is just a giant party, with a f**king incredible atmosphere, and is the highlight of the year where i leave

tbh, i had a great time at all the festivals

id pay the money for them all again next year :huh:

oh and iv already got my glastonbury and leeds 2010 tickets :lol:

sososososososososososososo excited!!!!

Went to V (staffs), Leeds and Jersey Live this year.

I hated Leeds, it's full of kids with no respect for other peoples' stuff, throwing shit around the camp site and yelling abuse. I'm sure Leeds has the least mature crowd, the was a huge amount of "Leavers 09" hoodies.

Jersey Live was fun, kind of an over sized village carnival with more food stands than stage space.

V was relaxed, didn't go there to see anyone in particular but had fun. Something to do late at night would be nice.

I'd like to try Glasto next year.

Edited by Eulaca

i dont get what the fuss is about. been to the past 5 v's and this year was the best one! great weather, great (smuggled in) beer, great atmosphere. if the prices of food/drink piss you off, take your own, its really that simple! i get the idea some people think its cool to dislike v, you may dislike v as a money sucking company, but i highly doubt you would have a shit weekend there.

i would do anything to go back and relive this years v, it was f**king awesome.

They pay the council to shut the road in (A64) now , i had no wait what so ever.

I got there at 4pm on the thursday.

Ive only been to V and Leeds, IMO i would say leeds is better at everything other than been about £20 more expensive. Mind you do get a extra day.

Just would like people who all ways go to V, to try leeds u will never go back.

Maybe once to see how poor it is.

• 3 weeks later...
They pay the council to shut the road in (A64) now , i had no wait what so ever.

I got there at 4pm on the thursday.

Ive only been to V and Leeds, IMO i would say leeds is better at everything other than been about £20 more expensive. Mind you do get a extra day.

Just would like people who all ways go to V, to try leeds u will never go back.

Maybe once to see how poor it is.

I'm with you completely I've been to V last 3 years and I went to Leeds aswell this year the first thing I did when I got back was buy my Leeds 2010 ticket it's so much better than V the people, the atmosphere, the music, the fact that at v theres only 1 disco on friday and it finishes at 11 where as leeds carries on late

All in all Leeds was brilliant and I cant wait until next year V on the other hand i'm gonna wait for the line-up

V is a bit blergh for me. Went in 03 for Foos + RHCP, 04 because it was the only way I could see Pixies, and 06 because it was the only way I could see Radiohead. I don't know what it is about V that sucks, it just doesn't seem to do anything particularly well and the atmosphere is stagnant. It doesn't have a buzz about it. I'd go again if a band I had to see was playing and there's no other way I could see them that year, but otherwise, nah. To be honest I haven't even checked the lineup for the last 2 years, so it's got a tough job selling it to me. But it sells out regardless so my opinion is null and void really.

Edited by fowls

The thing is opinions are like arseholes everyone has one.

So in my opinon I prefer Leeds but V will always be in my mind as my first real live music experience and the first time I saw Foo's.

Glastonbury just doesn't sound appeaing to me at all, too preachy with all the recycling and shit plus we have a mini glasto here it's called treefest it's lame and full of hippies

• 2 weeks later...
Guest musiclove123

I have been to Glastonbury three times so I wasnt expecting V to live up to it...and it didnt. It was a good festival to go to with my sister who had never been to a festival before (e.g the amount of days and the commerical atmosphere). I have no strong desire to go again

yes V is overpriced, debatable decline in lineup over the years and badly organised but you know for those couple of days I attend V in August I have the bestest time as it really is what u make of it and I have had fantastic company for last 2 :P

Roll on next year ........

PS. yes been to Leeds twice and am going to Glasto next year, but still think V will be included in yearly gigging as short festie which alot of people like (not everyone is hardcore u know!!)

• 1 month later...

:P:P:P:P:(

Havent been on here for 18 months but the first thing I see is him banging on about Leeds - AGAIN.

You have your own taste, and hopefully your own mind. Decide for yourselves people!!! Visit a few over the years and then you will know what YOU think.

Just be positive .............. and enjoy them ............. and dont stop going :lol: