Guest 504329lt

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/berkshire/8271526.stm

For a measure of this man, here is his voting record

AGAINST transparent parliament

FOR ID Cards

FOR 'anti terrorist' laws

AGAINST investigation into Iraq War

FOR replacing Trident

Doesn't impress me much, although one of the few MPs not to take us for a ride with his expenses.

Personally I think changing the line up is the solution.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think maybe they should ban fires, maybe just for a year. It sucks as its punishing the majority for the actions of the few but when people other peoples tents are getting set on fire something needs to be done.

Maybe if people realise fires will be banned if the minority continue to act like twats there will be a more general attitude that its not acceptable.

There's news of this on the front page here:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/09/090924a.shtml

Personally I agree with him that the festival is getting a reputation for trouble on Sunday. Bare in mind that he brought the festival back after the conservatives banned it in the eighties, and clearly had a love of the event then, i doubt that's changed, much like regular attendees I think he's worried about where the festival is going in repeatedly allowing Sunday night events to happen.

I'd dearly like to return to camping, after all the hotel costs and arm and a leg, but won't after suffering years of sleepless nights.

I think maybe they should ban fires, maybe just for a year. It sucks as its punishing the majority for the actions of the few but when people other peoples tents are getting set on fire something needs to be done.

Maybe if people realise fires will be banned if the minority continue to act like twats there will be a more general attitude that its not acceptable.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/berkshire/8271526.stm

For a measure of this man, here is his voting record

AGAINST transparent parliament

FOR ID Cards

FOR 'anti terrorist' laws

AGAINST investigation into Iraq War

FOR replacing Trident

Doesn't impress me much, although one of the few MPs not to take us for a ride with his expenses.

Personally I think changing the line up is the solution.

Screw it, just don't give the festival it's licence next year - then give it back the year after on the condition that "trouble" of a similar level will cause the festival to disappear permanently.

Should scare either the festival organisers or the majority of good attendees into taking action against the minority of twunts that cause the trouble. Maybe if the majority of people who go Reading for the music/atmosphere actually banded together against the few that caused problems instead of standing aside then these problems would be severely reduced.

*Awaits flaming*

Edited by The_Spoon

I don't see the problem with people having fires in the campsites as long as they are sensible with them, we had a little fire going on every night around our camp, for a little bit of heat after the band had finished. It never got too big or too out of control.

However if they were to be band I could see why, and once again its a case of the minority spoiling it for the majority.

Shame every1 isn't responsible or sensible.

There's news of this on the front page here:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/09/090924a.shtml

Personally I agree with him that the festival is getting a reputation for trouble on Sunday. Bare in mind that he brought the festival back after the conservatives banned it in the eighties, and clearly had a love of the event then, i doubt that's changed, much like regular attendees I think he's worried about where the festival is going in repeatedly allowing Sunday night events to happen.

I'd dearly like to return to camping, after all the hotel costs and arm and a leg, but won't after suffering years of sleepless nights.

I personally don't see why fires are neccs. Anyone can see from the amount of people and the CROWDING of the tents that they really are scary dangerous. And always always toxic fumes erupting from nearby. A group of about 12 school leavers near us were burning ANYTHING they could get their hands on (including using their deodorants) which made the air around our tents noxious. horrible thing to wake up in the morning too. Tho i think thats down to the sell out of wood at some point during the weekend.

I'm all for a ban ofires if it means a safer festivcal. It's a shame the actions of a few idiots affect everyone else but if thats the way it is then so be it.

I know people build small fires to keep warm but I've never felt the need, if I'm cold I'll put on another layer.

There were more police at Reading this year than ever. I do believe that fires are dangerous; however, I just think it's just another attempt to restrict people who just want to enjoy themselves, due to health and safety. We just can’t do anything anymore... I do wonder sometimes why vehicles aren’t banned.... It's exactly the same principle if we look at cars. Cars are dangerous and there are idiots who speed and cause accidents and there are thousands of deaths every year. Why aren't cars banned? Simple, it would tear down the economy, and let’s face it; the government don't want that do they..

Remember, thousands of people enjoy a fire in the camp site at Reading and it's unnecessary to ruin a key part of the festival atmosphere due to a minority, when the majority are simply enjoying themselves! I’ve been attending Reading since 2005 and there doesn't seem to be an issue until the Sunday evening! Anyhow, fires will be banned eventually. We are supposed to be living in a democracy... we are controlled so badly but people just don’t realise.. I know I’m perhaps going a bit deep, but it’s the principle!

There were more police at Reading this year than ever. I do believe that fires are dangerous; however, I just think it's just another attempt to restrict people who just want to enjoy themselves, due to health and safety. We just can’t do anything anymore... I do wonder sometimes why vehicles aren’t banned.... It's exactly the same principle if we look at cars. Cars are dangerous and there are idiots who speed and cause accidents and there are thousands of deaths every year. Why aren't cars banned? Simple, it would tear down the economy, and let’s face it; the government don't want that do they..

Remember, thousands of people enjoy a fire in the camp site at Reading and it's unnecessary to ruin a key part of the festival atmosphere due to a minority, when the majority are simply enjoying themselves! I’ve been attending Reading since 2005 and there doesn't seem to be an issue until the Sunday evening! Anyhow, fires will be banned eventually. We are supposed to be living in a democracy... we are controlled so badly but people just don’t realise.. I know I’m perhaps going a bit deep, but it’s the principle!

Edited by 504329lt

I don't think it's a stupid comparison in the slightest... As i originally said, it's of a different scale, but exactly the same principle... Health and Safety is simply taking over our freedom unless it suits the rich companies... These people don't care about us, or they care about is protecting themselves and the organisation.

Eventually there won’t be a festival because of some pathetic reason like someone tripped over a rock.. Here comes the health and safely squad! , but I guess it'll be ok.. You’ll all say its fine.... people just don't seem to realise how much there getting f**ked anymore..... Every year the festival just gets more restrictive.. the barrier on main stage for example... not to mention the fact there has never been one before! perhaps a few million people were ok? Had a great time?... one death or injury and BOYAkSHA.... no more big mosh pits, people may get hurt! Jesus Christ! Surely it’s down to the individual what they choose to do, not some shitty politician!

Take a look at this guys, it's worth a watch... only 3 minutes long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cz4vcQKWfA

"It's a big club. And you ain't in it!"

I don't think it's a stupid comparison in the slightest... As i originally said, it's of a different scale, but exactly the same principle... Health and Safety is simply taking over our freedom unless it suits the rich companies... These people don't care about us, or they care about is protecting themselves and the organisation.

Eventually there won’t be a festival because of some pathetic reason like someone tripped over a rock.. Here comes the health and safely squad! , but I guess it'll be ok.. You’ll all say its fine.... people just don't seem to realise how much there getting f**ked anymore..... Every year the festival just gets more restrictive.. the barrier on main stage for example... not to mention the fact there has never been one before! perhaps a few million people were ok? Had a great time?... one death or injury and BOYAkSHA.... no more big mosh pits, people may get hurt! Jesus Christ! Surely it’s down to the individual what they choose to do, not some shitty politician!

Take a look at this guys, it's worth a watch... only 3 minutes long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cz4vcQKWfA

"It's a big club. And you ain't in it!"