Potential Headliners

Guest Lithium05

incase anyone's interested, current rumours for rock am ring (which download usually shares two headliners with) are blink 182, beatsteaks (massive in germany), linkin park, muse, the libertines and rammstein. Obviously libertines wont play (i doubt they'll even reform for the festivals next summer, what with carl barat having a solo record and not wanting to do it just for the money). I'd also imagine linkin park will be wrapped up by then as the singer has a side project, and i saw them at rock am ring 07, surely they can't be touring the same album for three years. Otherwise some strong possibilities, blink is hard to call, i'd love it if they brought all the bands that've been touring with them in the states (weezer are long overdue an appearance, and i'm sure even a few metal heads love fall out boy secretly :P ). Think this year proved the secret to download selling out is loosely based themed days.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rammstein. Timing of their arena tour is perfect for Download, who always announce headliners in febuary after it.

Rob Zombie. He's gotta be getting somr offers and it's been so long!

If not Zombie then Van Halen or Iron Maiden would be the 2 i'd try and book next as the organisers.

Metallica. I reckon will end there Death magnetic Tour here.

Blink have MUCH greater mainstream appeal than Offspring, Offspring are known in the country in the mainstream for pretty fly and thats about it, in clubs you will get Come Out and Play and Self Esteem, but the average person on the street wouldn't know these

Blink have much more well known tracks, Whats My Age Again, Rock Show, I Miss You, All The Small Things, Down, Feelin This, Dammit, etc

Blink 182 would sell more tickets to the audience less likely to go to Download as a given year in year out, and thats what they want.

Edited by Spiral_Low

Have posted this in V and Reading Forums and adding it here too

My predictions for 2010

Reading/Leeds- Kasabian, Libertines, Muse

V - Arctic Monkeys, Green Day

Glasto- Foos, Radiohead, not sure on third, some act that has been going 30 years +

TITP- Kasabian, Arctic Monkeys, Muse

Download- Blink 182, Rammstein, Pearl Jam

Sonisphere- My Chemical Romance, Iron Maiden

IOW- Faithless, Coldplay, pos Green Day