Potential Headliners

Guest Lithium05

I'm bored, so I thought I would compile a list of potential headliners for 2010 and try and fit them into appropriate catagories. I know some of these are unlikely, and some are almost nailed on to play other fests, but I've tried to include as broad a range as possible. Feel free to add your own

The Massively popular stadium bands

AC/DC

Foo Fighters

Muse

Green Day

The not quite as popular as the above, but still solid choices

Pearl Jam

Pixies

Rage Against The Machine

The re-formed and potential re-formers

Blink 182

No Doubt (not sure about how popular they are nowadays)

Soundgarden

System Of a Down

Smashing Pumpkins (not sure what their current status is)

The Metulzzz!!!1

Metallica

Iron Maiden

The first time headliners

Them Crooked Vultures (who's to say where they'll be popularity wise after an album release)

Queens of the Stoneage

Rammstein

The Classic/MOR stylee headliners

Aerosmith

Bon Jovi

Deep Purple

Alice Cooper

Queen and Paul Rogers

Van Halen

I'm sure I'm missing some glaringly obvious bands, but that'll have to do for now.

Edited by Lithium05

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Pearl Jam are definitely going to do one of the UK rock festivals and I'd say Download is most likely. New album out and I don't think they're 'modern' enough to headline Soni so I'd say they'll be the Friday Download headliner.

Rammstein on Saturday, they hinted at doing a UK headline performance. I don't think Sonisphere would put them as headliners so Download Saturday for me.

Then Sunday I'd go for Van Halen or Deep Purple.

I think the format last year and variety was exactly what Download needs to sell so my prediction sort of goes with last year pretty nicely:

Pearl Jam / Rammstein / Van Halen (Deep Purple?)

Deftones / Slayer / Alice Cooper

????? / Machine Head / ????

Avenged Sevenfold will be up there too I'd imagine, and maybe Bullet for my Valentine.

Machine Head > Slayer booking wise nowadays.

Rightfully so, Slayer have been steadily declining every time I've seen them. I hope if they play they're on the second stage while Pearl Jam headline the main , that way they're nice and out of my way.

Edited by Lithium05

I reckon you could be looking at Rammstein, Bon Jovi and Pearl Jam or maybe even AC/DC for Download 2010 (can't think of a 'current' metal/rock headliner) any thoughts?

Iron Maiden and Slipknot for Sonisphere 2010

Plus Slayer, Megaceth, Deftones, Slayer, Five Finger Death Punch for either or download/sonisphere.

and Green Day, Blink 182, Muse, The Libertines, No Doubt, My Chemical Romance, Lostprophets, Paramore and poss the Strokes (??) for Reading and Leeds 2010

What you think??

Edited by tohellweride

Im thinking more along the lines of

Friday:

Machine Head / Rammstien

Saturday:

Muse / Green Day

Sunday:

Deep Purple / Pearl Jam

:D

van halen gets a big thumbs up, especially now that they're back with david lee roth. I'd take metallica off the list, heard that they're signed into sonisphere for 2010 and 2011 so that they can't play other festivals in countries where sonisphere is held (shame, always welcome and were brilliant at werchter this year). Pearl jam i'd say are very likely for download or sonisphere, their fanbase is very dedicated and would shift a lot of day tickets.

incase anyone's interested, current rumours for rock am ring (which download usually shares two headliners with) are blink 182, beatsteaks (massive in germany), linkin park, muse, the libertines and rammstein. Obviously libertines wont play (i doubt they'll even reform for the festivals next summer, what with carl barat having a solo record and not wanting to do it just for the money). I'd also imagine linkin park will be wrapped up by then as the singer has a side project, and i saw them at rock am ring 07, surely they can't be touring the same album for three years. Otherwise some strong possibilities, blink is hard to call, i'd love it if they brought all the bands that've been touring with them in the states (weezer are long overdue an appearance, and i'm sure even a few metal heads love fall out boy secretly :D ). Think this year proved the secret to download selling out is loosely based themed days.