Potential Headliners

Guest Lithium05

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metal Hammers view

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/download...could-headline/

It’s festival season so we’re getting our speculation-o-meter out and giving you the list of bands we reckon could headline next year’s Download festival.

Have we missed anyone out? Anyone who you’d like to see headline? Anyone on this list you really, REALLY wouldn’t want to see headline? Let us know in the comments section!

Rammstein

Well, they’re rumoured every year, aren’t they? They’ve got a kick-ass new album coming out, they’ve already grabbed your attention with THAT tits and jizz covered video and they’ve got a stage-show big enough to fill any venue. Donington wouldn’t know what had hit it.

AC/DC

Speaking of rumoured every year, Acca Dacca are extending their tour. What price an appearance at Castle Donington?

Bullet For My Valentine

They’re returning next year and they are, by all intents and purposes, massive. The down-side? They ‘split opinions’ to say the least and it could be a repeat of the My Chemical Romance incident that’s best left unmentioned.

My Chemical Romance

Did we not just tell you to never mention them at Download ever again?! f**k. Off.

The Big Four

You read it here first. We would quite literally jizz ourselves if this was to happen and Download could well be the stage for this to come to fruition. Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax on the same night. Yes, yes, yes, YES, YES!!!!!!

Iron Maiden

Is an album due next Summer? Check. Would they be able to pack Donington Park from front to back? Check. Would we absolutely f**king love it? You bet your ass, we would!

Green Day

They’ve sold a squillion, trillion, gazillion albums. The Offspring have done it and they’re infinitely better than them. We’re just saying it could happen! Don’t shoot the messenger!

Red Hot Chili Peppers

See above.

Ozzy Osbourne

He’s due one final hurrah, could he enjoy a final UK show at Donington? There has to be touring plans as he’s put together a touring line-up. Would he be able to put on a show that would fill Download?

Soundgarden

On the list of ‘likely reunions for 2010’, this is top by a clear mile. We’d prefer Sepultura but this would rule all the same. Well, as long as Chris Cornell didn’t rock up in a Fubu tracksuit and a doo-rag around his bonce, boyee.

Foo Fighters

Grohl and his warriors will have had their ‘Greatest Hits’ album out for a while and there’s a real chance that they could bring that show to Download.

Bon Jovi

It’d rule. If you watched Def Leppard this year, you’ll know that all-out, throat-shredding rock anthems are the perfect way to end a Download weekend. Bon Jovi could do this better than just about anyone.

Van Halen

If the price is right, it’d be a hell of a night. The problem being that the price would be…ONE MILLION DOLLARS! (and quite a substantial bit more, we would wager).

Aerosmith

If we were the betting types at Metal Hammer, we’d have a cheeky punt on this one.

B4MV should be nowhere near that list unless Download have blown their wad on an AC/DC Sunday & A Big 4 Saturday. Bullet would maybe play in the same spot as Cornell for me.

Realistically, I'd be happy with Soundgarden, Avanged Sevenfold, Creed/Alter Bridge & Alice in Chains below on the Friday, Rammstein on the Saturday, Machine Head, Slayer, Disturbed, 5FDP underneath & Aerosmith or Bon Jovi on the Sunday, although I think it'll be Ozzy. Alice Cooper, Airborne & Europe to finish. Metal Hammer make no mention of Pearl Jam, I've been hoping there's some truth to that rumour.

According to one of the mods on the official forum Andy Copping has said Van Halen will not be offered a headlining slot, due to them not being very big over here, and the fees they charge are too much for a support act so they won't be playing.

I'm kind of pleased about this. Never been a fan.

According to one of the mods on the official forum Andy Copping has said Van Halen will not be offered a headlining slot, due to them not being very big over here, and the fees they charge are too much for a support act so they won't be playing.

I'm kind of pleased about this. Never been a fan.