Can someone show me on a map the exact location of Camp Triangle

Guest srvman

BUT PLEASE...remember that it is only where we can find space big enough to accommodate everyone...and only first come first served and add to that...cos nothing is official about it, its a case of we try to get a spot that suits in amongst the other 10,000+ people all wanting to camp in Pennards!

The spot we head to has been roughly in that marked area on the map as an unofficial Efest campsite for up to 10 years admittedly (and chosen cos of its above the waterlineness) but it is down to everyone's own savviness, determination and awareness to find the camp. We cant and dont hold people's hands.

The info for the ish location goes up months early yes, but its just guidelines and very sorry if you cant find us...but Pennards is a VERY busy field, we do our best to highlight the camp but 3 flags, some fairy lights and tents that look like everyone else's in a sea of tents and other flags...no more effort can or will get put in tbh.

It is a group of Efesters camping together...there really is nothing official, never has been, nothing is concrete (funnily enough! :rolleyes: ) and definitly not something that the Campsite crew are made aware of etc. Maybe next year the CC will be informed of the vague location of where we end up but please, everyone...it is NOT official, flags and lights go up, but just a few and amongst the thousands of others camped in the field.

Yes Efests is a pretty well known thing out there in festy land but it does not give us Forum users the right to pre-book a spot and/or cordon off a f**k off area of Pennards...at the end of the day its 200 or so folk coming together to camp near each other to be able to have some sense of community, meet each other in person and have a central focus...and we didnt even manage that this year really cos we lost the planned fire spot within 3 hours of setting up. The tipi was a nice addition but I dont think 50% of the Triangles even came in...

so...to all the folk who for some reason were/are under the impression this camp is something that is visible from space and easy to find...please think again.

Next year it may be different with the ideas that are being thrown about...and there may even be a location change...but its months away, tickets have not been got yet obviously...

AND it takes quite a bit of organising on the day (despite what some people think :) )...to try and make a core location, answering the phones to lost bunnies, getting the flags etc set up, trying to get bodlings to fetch wood when all they want to do is rest and start drinking...well...actually it all ends up me doing it all...but that is another story...and hey I wasnt even part of the organising commitee would you believe it... :) It is an organic structure that doesnt even need the effort I end up ruining my Wednesday with cos of the energy I personally put in trying to get as many folks together on the day but for some silly reason I allow it to take over and wreck my day...not any more though...

Hopefully there will be a small army of helpers getting the new manifestation of CT together next year...cos its gonna need it if the vague plans want to become a reality...

BUT...unless YOU do your homework and dont expect anyone to hold your hand and show you the way...it really is down to yourself to come and find the camp. We cant do it for you...we can put up flags and put X's on maps vaguely...and that is about it.

So...on that note...see you in a field in Somerset in just under 11 or so months yes? No hand holding though!

Next year there's gonna be no mysticism, secrets and certainly no Lords. Just a cool camp for Efest forum users, that will be pretty well organised but no promises! Ok? :) And maybe a uniform and woggles...but lets just wait and see eh?

that is a fantastic post lucy...

I had no intention of camping there, its just i was a bit lonely on the thursday as i went with a w*nker who was in bed by 10pm and up whenever an act he liked was on...

I brought a wee keg in preparation, i couldnt find the flag though.....

a picture of the flag would be good...

i dont expect to reserve a camping spot or someone to tag along with me for a whole festival..just a group of people up for a few tin's....

BUT PLEASE...remember that it is only where we can find space big enough to accommodate everyone...and only first come first served and add to that...cos nothing is official about it, its a case of we try to get a spot that suits in amongst the other 10,000+ people all wanting to camp in Pennards!

The spot we head to has been roughly in that marked area on the map as an unofficial Efest campsite for up to 10 years admittedly (and chosen cos of its above the waterlineness) but it is down to everyone's own savviness, determination and awareness to find the camp. We cant and dont hold people's hands.

The info for the ish location goes up months early yes, but its just guidelines and very sorry if you cant find us...but Pennards is a VERY busy field, we do our best to highlight the camp but 3 flags, some fairy lights and tents that look like everyone else's in a sea of tents and other flags...no more effort can or will get put in tbh.

It is a group of Efesters camping together...there really is nothing official, never has been, nothing is concrete (funnily enough! :) ) and definitly not something that the Campsite crew are made aware of etc. Maybe next year the CC will be informed of the vague location of where we end up but please, everyone...it is NOT official, flags and lights go up, but just a few and amongst the thousands of others camped in the field.

Yes Efests is a pretty well known thing out there in festy land but it does not give us Forum users the right to pre-book a spot and/or cordon off a f**k off area of Pennards...at the end of the day its 200 or so folk coming together to camp near each other to be able to have some sense of community, meet each other in person and have a central focus...and we didnt even manage that this year really cos we lost the planned fire spot within 3 hours of setting up. The tipi was a nice addition but I dont think 50% of the Triangles even came in...

so...to all the folk who for some reason were/are under the impression this camp is something that is visible from space and easy to find...please think again.

Next year it may be different with the ideas that are being thrown about...and there may even be a location change...but its months away, tickets have not been got yet obviously...

AND it takes quite a bit of organising on the day (despite what some people think :( )...to try and make a core location, answering the phones to lost bunnies, getting the flags etc set up, trying to get bodlings to fetch wood when all they want to do is rest and start drinking...well...actually it all ends up me doing it all...but that is another story...and hey I wasnt even part of the organising commitee would you believe it... :) It is an organic structure that doesnt even need the effort I end up ruining my Wednesday with cos of the energy I personally put in trying to get as many folks together on the day but for some silly reason I allow it to take over and wreck my day...not any more though...

Hopefully there will be a small army of helpers getting the new manifestation of CT together next year...cos its gonna need it if the vague plans want to become a reality...

BUT...unless YOU do your homework and dont expect anyone to hold your hand and show you the way...it really is down to yourself to come and find the camp. We cant do it for you...we can put up flags and put X's on maps vaguely...and that is about it.

So...on that note...see you in a field in Somerset in just under 11 or so months yes? No hand holding though!

Next year there's gonna be no mysticism, secrets and certainly no Lords. Just a cool camp for Efest forum users, that will be pretty well organised but no promises! Ok? :) And maybe a uniform and woggles...but lets just wait and see eh?

that is a fantastic post lucy...

I had no intention of camping there, its just i was a bit lonely on the thursday as i went with a w*nker who was in bed by 10pm and up whenever an act he liked was on...

I brought a wee keg in preparation, i couldnt find the flag though.....

a picture of the flag would be good...

i dont expect to reserve a camping spot or someone to tag along with me for a whole festival..just a group of people up for a few tin's....

Couldn't find the bloody place for love nor money on the Thursday morning. Should've payed more attention to the flags people were taking. But I'm crap at meet ups unless there's a big sign saying 'efestivals are here'. I also changed my sim card over to an old phone, losing everyones numbers in the process.

Edited by irons