glastonbury obssevive

Guest ghandi

Ok, so a month on and after my first Glasto i am still obssessing over those magical days in June. Next year my brother, my nephew and his mate are all coming with me, and i just cant help but enthuse about how great it was, almost to the extent of boring myself! And i am 47 ffs! My brother is six years younger than me and we have always had this hand me down in music terms mentality, yes he has his own tastes and styles butm he does follow the same tastes, indeed io tend to lead him toewars new bands etc. We just cant wait, but i am worried that i might be a bit to obssesive although i have lined up gigs to see until then.

Nah...all sounds pretty normal to me! The fest has a tendency to do that to folks...why do think there are terms like glastobating and Glastofarian out there? :unsure: You sir, are showing all the hallmarks of being well and truly sucked in...dont try to fight it. Just join the party with everyone else and the next few months will fly past.

Sat in the house yesterday , and I thought apart from booze , if someone said Eavis has announced

a surprise end of July Glasto , I could be ready for it in 20 minutes

:unsure:

Thing is, not only am i obsessed with Glastonbury and boring family and friends with endless tales of joy, I am becoming worryingly obsessed with Nick Cave!! It extends to going to sleep listening to him, getting up listening to him and listening in my lunch break as well!! This is the scary effect my first Glastonbury has had on me!!!!

Thing is, not only am i obsessed with Glastonbury and boring family and friends with endless tales of joy, I am becoming worryingly obsessed with Nick Cave!! It extends to going to sleep listening to him, getting up listening to him and listening in my lunch break as well!! This is the scary effect my first Glastonbury has had on me!!!!

Try not going for a year. It makes excessive Glastobation all the worse.

I am so ready for 2010 it's ridiculous.

Even my work password is Glastonbury 2010 FFS - it's July 2009!!!

And get this for planning ahead - I already have the funds to pay for my 2010 ticket, and sold my Wii to finance booze etc whilst I'm there. The funds are sitting in a nice high interest account until they're needed (incidentally, my online banking password is NOT Glastonbury 2010 so don't even try).

So I've already saved up. We've sorted the route, though we can't see any notification of possible traffic disruption for 11 months time. We have arranged a departure time, providing the car doesn't blow up between now and then, or none of us dies from swine flu.

Unfortunately I have nothing line-up wise to start my Glasto 2010 megamix, and I'm probably jumping the gun a bit by cleaning my tent ready for Pilton (and it's DEFINITELY not a good idea to pack some fruit or other perishable item for the journey down) - I think I need help.

TSo I've already saved up. We've sorted the route, though we can't see any notification of possible traffic disruption for 11 months time. We have arranged a departure time, providing the car doesn't blow up between now and then, or none of us dies from swine flu.

I'M checking the weather... hourly, checking the webcam (the skin is still on the Pyramid) and househunting in Pilton. If the lottery win doesn't come through for that, I've already booked Tuesday nights travel Lodge!

Yeah suppose.

Something was definately lacking this year though, I think it's cos I was only with a couple of my good mates and we all arrived at different times. I know you shouldn't compare glastonburys as they are all different BUT this was shite compared to previous ones. Also got hardly no sleep due to the heat and my mate snoring all weekend, defo having my own tent next time(if I go) with 2 doors then a breaze can blow through.

Yeah suppose.

Something was definately lacking this year though, I think it's cos I was only with a couple of my good mates and we all arrived at different times. I know you shouldn't compare glastonburys as they are all different BUT this was shite compared to previous ones. Also got hardly no sleep due to the heat and my mate snoring all weekend, defo having my own tent next time(if I go) with 2 doors then a breaze can blow through.