The Park

Guest talullah

My favourite area of the site.

It's not too crowded, and generally I find the people much more friendly up there than I do around the Pyramid Stage. Actually, the more I go, the less I like the Pyramid Stage, and the more I appreciate the smaller stages.

Pyramid stage......fall of drunks, flags, people with chairs too close to the stage, and middle of the road safe bands (a generalisation I know).

Park Stage....friendly people, food within easy walking distance and better quality, great view, better bands (imo), no flags, easy to get to the front for bands you like.

Shlomo was a highlight for me. Also enjoyed Animal Collective, Bon Iver, The Horrors, Klaxons, Dead Weather, and The Low Anthem.

i loved it up there. it's just gorgeous and provides perfect areas to just lounge and watch the world go by. the only band i saw there was easy star allstars but it became a favourite 'start of the day' haunt (we were camped in dairy). the smoothie stall did a wonderous pineapple, mango(?) and ginger smoothie that was the dog's. it's even better when you lob a shot of vodka in it. :P mmmmh.

two of my top 6 acts where at the park,

schlomo(with yoda, jarvis cocker, and marcus bridgestock)

and cold war kids

i am definately going to have a no mainstage day next year

ive had two years of seeing alot of pyramid and otherstage...going to park my ass alot more in the park/jazzworld next year...

the vibe in the crowd...is tenfold on awesomeness and chillaxedness at these stages