Where were you when you heard the news about Jacko?

Guest septemberwillow

We were in the queue for Ferris Bueller's Day Off outside the Cinema. My bf went to the front of the queue as it was very late starting and he wanted to see if he could find out why.

The bloke he asked said 'I don't know but did you know that Michael Jackson is dead?' My bf obviously looked quizzically at him and he replied 'you don't believe me do you but you'll always remember where you were when you heard it'. By the time we came out of the film, the joke texts had already started arriving from friends not at the fest :P

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were in the queue for Ferris Bueller's Day Off outside the Cinema. My bf went to the front of the queue as it was very late starting and he wanted to see if he could find out why.

The bloke he asked said 'I don't know but did you know that Michael Jackson is dead?' My bf obviously looked quizzically at him and he replied 'you don't believe me do you but you'll always remember where you were when you heard it'. By the time we came out of the film, the joke texts had already started arriving from friends not at the fest :P

I first heard it from a random woman sitting with her group of friends by the Pyramid stage on thursday night but we both shrugged it off as another festival rumour. Heard quite an amusing reaction to it;

Random Woman: Michael Jackson's dead!

Passer-by: He died after Thriller in my opinion.

Then we went to queue up for Anvil and I hear more people talking about it. Texted my mate to be sure and it turned out to be true. Was gutted. :P

I was in my tent at about 1am. When I heard some guys nearby saying that he's dead, and telling random passers by I didn't believe it at first untill someone put their radio on, and there it was confirmed. Michael Jackson is dead.

I also heard these guys saying that Farah Fawcess had died. Which I did believe. And it was true. But they were also saying that Andi Peters, Neil Buchanan, and Floella Benjamin had all died too. Which I did NOT believe. I've just looked on the internet just to check, and they're all still alive!

I was really stoned in the stonebridge bar when my mates told me, i didnt belive them, then my girfriend texted me but i thought my mates had got her to, to wind me up. The DJ then anounced it and again i thought he was in on the blag.

I didnt smoke as much the next few days

I was in my tent. I got a text off my mate saying "Michael Jackson's died, spread the word!" and I thought he was trying to get me to spread a rumour round like you do at festivals. Then later on I got a call off my dad saying he'd died. Then walking down through the campsite everyone was talking about it.

Was at the tent in the evening, park home ground. Heard everyone talking about it on the walkways, shouting it out etc. It was really weird walking along hearing snippets of everyones seperate convos, all on the same subject. We assumed it was a rumour but then heard from someone offsite that it was true! Then I checked the news on my phone to confirm.

I think most people thought it was a rumour at first.

end of East 17. random teenage girl asked if id 'heard about michael jackson', i was like 'eh?!'. she was like 'yeaaaah, he diiiiied of a heart attack'. then proceeded so continue her convo wiv her mates as thos she didnt just say that. she was so blase, like 'yea he died but WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'.

tried to fone home to c if they could confirm but no answer then other said they'd heard it on the radio. couldnt function after that so went straight to bed. sad sad news indeed. my heart skipped a beat like seriously.

Edited by chuckley

I was on the EFest Singles / Gay meet, pretty mullered and walking towards Trash City, when Lucy received a text and announced it. She kept on repeating it to everyone who past us. At first I believed her, then someone in the group suggested that we start a rumour about Tom Cruise dying, so I though MJ must be a rumour too. It wasn't until we were heading towards and coming past loads of people all saying he was dead that I realised it was true.

First MJ joke I heard was in , within two hours of hearing the news.

Edited by FunkyDenz

I was on the EFest Singles / Gay meet, pretty mullered and walking towards Trash City, when Lucy received a text and announced it. She kept on repeating it to everyone who past us. At first I believed her, then someone in the group suggested that we start a rumour about Tom Cruise dying, so I though MJ must be a rumour too. It wasn't until we were heading towards and coming past loads of people all saying he was dead that I realised it was true.

First MJ joke I heard was in , within two hours of hearing the news.