Increase in scum this year

Guest ministe2003

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a ticket and a leaving the festival pass 'pass-out' on the floor on my way back in so I picked it up to give it to someone from the security or whoever I could find of importance when some random man who definitely was not the man on the picture on the ticket grabbed the ticket out of my hand and ran away as fast as he could - that's scum.

I was camped in Row Mead and there seems to be a culture of blocking out areas for yourselves. I was camped next to a family with 2 large tents, the ones with several bedrooms and a large internal area, as well as a couple of smaller ones but they insisted in staking out an area in front of them at least as large as the space their tents took up. This staking out consisted of a large windbreaker with poles they hammered into the ground. A lot of other tents have their guy ropes tied to each others and there were several cul de sacs which meant that I couldn't make it to the path unless I did a long detour. This is just selfish behaviour and I reckons that you could have got double the amounts of tents in that area if every other set of friends didn't have a gazebo or two. Another tacvtic I saw was having a large central area with a empty popup tent in the middle as a "blocker" which when they returned they simply folded up and then they had this space all to themselves.

As with the pissing everywhere there were several times I saw blokes pissing against the outside of the urinals!!! What is that about? I've had to hop from one foot to the other while waiting in the queue for a couple of minutes but I always managed to hold on. Do these people have so little control over their bladder?

I have a chair but only to use it while I'm at my tent I would hate to carry it around with me and I don't want to spend all my time at one stage so people down the front with their chairs and rugs seem odd to me. Therefore I had no problems with moving chairs to get past and to stand on rugs.

Other than that I didn't come across any scum to the point where a girl standing next to me lost her purse and other items because her bag was open and we managed a mass look for them on the floor at Prodigy while Breathe was on and found everything! The vast majority of people at Glasto are nice people.

Edit: TOTP!

Edited by TimmyP's Mobile Disco

i dont know about all the people moaning about £2 for water or bottle of coke i think over 5 days i bought 2 bottles of water and the rest of the time i used the taps by the toilets

you dont have to spend any money on water really as there's taps at pretty much every toilet bit

As I said, there was an abundance of annoyingly loud people, mainly Southerners. I was just thinking, "if this is what people at Glasto are like, then it doesn't bear thinking about what Reading's lot are".

Before Blur I just about managed to get a decent spot to the right hand side of the Pyramid near the front and everyone around me was crushed, but you still had selfish morons pushing through us, making it even more cramped. Yes, I know being down the front involves being like sardines and that enhances the experience of seeing bands a lot but this was ridiculous.

yep i found all those things slightly annoying too but not enough to spoil it

the other thing which i disliked was all the balloon sucking around the stone circle, discarded balloons and piles of empty canisters. and the annoying schhh sound (especially when you're camped at the back of it in the crafts fields - ear plugs were a saviour!!). Just didn't seem very appropriate for the stone circle for me. everything else yes, but i just didn't get the balloon thing.

but depsite little annoyances - this year's was my favourite yet!

Agree with the general sentiment of the thread. We were sitting in one of the tables at the District Six bar at Jazz World when the Streets were on. Some guy in an Orange jacket just sat down right in front of us on the table, nearly tipping the table. I just asked him politely to be careful, mainly as he was about to tip all the drinks on the table down his backside. He turned round, told us to f*ck off and made it clear that he had no intention of moving and didn't give a sh*t whether he was blocking our view.. Lovely. I did move all the left drinks behind him with the hope that he would actually tip them over himself but unfortunately a few minutes later when he moved on (presumably having stayed long enough to satisfy his arrogant pride) he failed to do this. First time I've ever seen such aggressive rudeness at Glastonbury...

There is something to be said for avoiding the kind of bands that pull the twats in! Either we should do a folk-only festival for a few years, or perhaps develop a Twatometer , to be used at gigs for prospective Glasto bands. This would feed into a rating system that would ensure that any bands that attract the chav brigadem too much are diverted to Reading and V. Right, I'll get in touch with Dyson immediately :angry:

And at reading, you dont need to bring trollies with you. Because you can buy crates ON the site. This isnt saying you can go into town at reading, its saying that you can buy booze in the campsite, for roughly £1 - £1.30 a can. I do not understand why glasto cant do that.

There is something to be said for avoiding the kind of bands that pull the twats in! Either we should do a folk-only festival for a few years, or perhaps develop a Twatometer , to be used at gigs for prospective Glasto bands. This would feed into a rating system that would ensure that any bands that attract the chav brigadem too much are diverted to Reading and V. Right, I'll get in touch with Dyson immediately :(

:lol:

This has legs. I've been to Arctic Monkeys/Oasis and they get similar crowds to Kasabian and The Streets. The only other time I've seen so many picnic mats and chairs was when I went to The Who and David Bowie, though that's more of an age thing than a Twat thing

let he who is without sin an' all that.

I probably dropped some litter. I definitely (but accidentally) stood on a few toes, and had mine stood on. I probably stood in front of someone smaller than me and the reverse happened too. People react to booze differently, and it's all part of growing up and learning. In then years time, those chavs may well be contributing to the 'is it me, or was Glasto 2019 full of more twats than ever' thread.

Those flags though...next year I'll bring a bloody axe.

It has no legs at all, most people had bought their tickets months before the line up was announced, Kasabian were very late to be announced.

IF they had boring headlines like Neil Young / Bruce Spongstonk etc the same people would still have the same tickets.

I think this is all bollocks to be honest, pre 2000 was horrific way worse than any of the incidents that are happening nowadays.

IMHO :lol:

Me and a group of about 25 went and didnt expierence one bit of bother, nor did i see any so i personally i dont see what peeps hang ups are :D i thought people were utterly amazing and i got loads of free hugs :lol:

You should all try going to T in the Park THEN you`l realise how f**king good Glastonbury is :(

Truly the best time festival ive ever had and ive been going to fests for over 10 years now :):lol:

Im sorry to those that had a bad time but i think people are being far to picky and looking for anything to moan about!!

We were in a mixed crowd (13 of us from 14 to 49) in Michael's mead. Everyone had a screamer of a festival. All of the little niggles mentioned are valid but not enough to get really screwed up about. Anti-social behaviour is on the increase generally so it is no surprise that Glasto has not escaped. Sad I know but true. (I exclude thieving, any kind of violence and the p1ssing thing which are things to get very angry about)....there was also a tent burning over by Lulus(?) after Blur which made me shudder as I thought this may go the way of Leeds.......it didn't and safety team put it out very quickly.

Nearly all the people we saw/met were fantastic. One young lady told me to F*ck off when I asked for a light which miffed me a bit but I will give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she thought it was a poor chat-up line (it wasn't btw).....then there was a group of 18-21 year olds camped near us that used the back of our tent as a rubbish tip which wasn;t very nice and spent most of the evenings sitting around being moody but they weren;t any trouble really (I just wished they could have cheered up a bit).

It was a lot busier this year and I agree that perhaps less tickets would be a good idea.....

Some of our number are Glasto vets and agree that it is far better than a few years ago (pre-fence).....

Confession - I pushed through to the front of the Specials - sorry.....but I did say please, sorry and thanks in equal measure......

I saw 26 acts and loved every minute of it.......

The consensus amongst the older generation of our group (and many we met) was that it was great seeing so many young people having such a great time with no hint of trouble or malice to be honest....

Thanks ME and EE and see you next year!

:lol: