iPhone chargers

Guest kokoku

Can anyone recommend any portable charger that actually works with iPhones?

I got one that said worked with iPods, but even though the connector was the right one, the iPhone rejected it.

Just tried another that was similar (ie takes two AA batteries) and but uses the usb - iPhone cable - but when I connected that it didn't even say it didn't accept it - just nothing.

A bit frustrating, but presumably there are some that work with iPhones?

Cheers.

Good question... I have a little contraption that discharges an AA battery into my phone via a connector, and that came with a connector for the iPod and several other connectors. That came from Maplin - they might be your best bet to find something suitable.

They had iPhone chargers last year at the Orange tent.

Im taking mine as to keep upto date with the guest slots, itll be turned on once a day to check the lineup and check my PMs from a certain someone who'll be letting us know about any updates.

I got a FreeLoader, which is a rechargable battery pack (which you initially charge via USB) and has little solar wings to recharge it when you're out n about.

It was about £30 from my local outdoor store.

That was one of the only options that worked for iPhone (the shop owner has an iPhone and uses the FreeLoader when he's doing long hikes and mountain climbs).

Get it quick as it needs a good 6-8hrs charge before you can use it though.

I have an iPhone but I switch to my festival phone at Glastonbury.

£18. Battery lasts forever. Has an LED torch. It's a Nokia 1208, but I expect there are similar ones.

I also make a point of deleting everyone's numbers except the people I'm at Glastonbury with. If it comes up as unrecognised, I don't answer it and I don't even know who's calling.

nokia-1208-00.jpg

Edited by purell

Good question... I have a little contraption that discharges an AA battery into my phone via a connector, and that came with a connector for the iPod and several other connectors. That came from Maplin - they might be your best bet to find something suitable.

• 1 year later...

Quite a few of us bought Ted Baker rebranded Propota Power Packs off ebay for £8.00, you get at least 2 chages for an iPhone and more for a Nokia. None on sale at the moment but keep looking! I have linked previous thread below.

/index.php?showtopic=146338&st=200&p=3340421&hl=portable%20chargers&fromsearch=1&#entry3340421">http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=146338&st=200&p=3340421&hl=portable%20chargers&fromsearch=1&#entry3340421

Thanks for the advice! :blink:

Its not really to tweet or facebook, but the odd text to see where people are and meet up with them is quite useful.

We work it by only switching our phones on a couple of times a day - at pre-arranged times to call each other and check messages.

If you get really stuck the Orange Charging service has adaptors for most makes of phones and you don't have to be an Orange user to take advantage of the service. You do have to sit around though next to your phone while it charges. You can't leave it charging and call back later.

My plan is, because i like taking photo's and don't wanna take my really good camera cause i love to dance and jump around is get a crappy Sony Ericsson K800i, it has a 3.2mp camera if you need anything like that. The Battery lasts for an absolute age, and you can actually get replacement batteries.

I bought iPhone Chargers this year.. waste of time, i spent hours in the chill in charge (maybe to hide from sun like!), So as people have been saying use a shitty phone, get your zips on the ready and change batteries sufficiently. As it is, i costs you £30 to not spend hours ina charge tent and is reusable, win-win situation in my eyes!

• 2 weeks later...

I used the orange chill and charge tent this year - Pure hell! I will never ever do it again there where just too many people with iphones needing to charge. We waited hours and hours for a charger and when I finially got on a charger i plugged it in and my phone broke! now no idea if it was cause of plugging it in or if it was already broke but it was awful havin waited about four hours for it! watching everyone outside thinking to myself im at glastonbury and im charging my phone! ( i really wouldnt have bothered but being an only child with a very ill mother i had no choice i had to at least try!)

The staff in the tent or in the little shop attached couldnt help.I came home and my phone was totally wiped at the apple shop to get it working again......im gunna get a cheap nokia for this year!