Tears came down (09)

Guest ding dong

If I see the Streets it'll be Weak Become Heroes that gets me, always does. Reminds me of the raves I used to go to from '91 to '96. Apart from that I predict I shall get quite emotional at various points during the fest, if you see me bubbling, come give me a hug will ya?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In April last year my 5 year old daughter passed away after a long battle with cancer, Tank Park Salute by Billy Bragg helped me so much so I e-mailed the Glastonbury website asking them to pass a message on to Billy and how much it has helped me and it would mean so much if he sang it on Sunday night.

Sunday morning at Glastonbury, my phone rang, when I picked it up I was greeted with "Hi Neil It's Billy!" :P

I then chatted with him for 5mins like we were friends for ages. Anyway I headed down to Leftfield that night, and he sang Tank Park Salute, he said nothing didnt make a big deal but changed the words slightly to for my Samantha. I'm not ashamed to say that tears were streaming down my face.

If anyone is reading this that knows, the great man, please let him know just how much I appreciated what he did.

In April last year my 5 year old daughter passed away after a long battle with cancer, Tank Park Salute by Billy Bragg helped me so much so I e-mailed the Glastonbury website asking them to pass a message on to Billy and how much it has helped me and it would mean so much if he sang it on Sunday night.

Sunday morning at Glastonbury, my phone rang, when I picked it up I was greeted with "Hi Neil It's Billy!" :P

I then chatted with him for 5mins like we were friends for ages. Anyway I headed down to Leftfield that night, and he sang Tank Park Salute, he said nothing didnt make a big deal but changed the words slightly to for my Samantha. I'm not ashamed to say that tears were streaming down my face.

If anyone is reading this that knows, the great man, please let him know just how much I appreciated what he did.

Me too :P

Too many to mention -

A New England, last year, when Billy dedicated it to Kirsty as ever.

All of Elliott Smith's set in 2000

Everybody Hurts in 1999

Hello Sunshine (SFA) in 2007, when the sun shot out from behind the clouds

There will be many this year, Lamb and Blur no doubt at all!

Edited by robdy2k

OK, more honorable mentions...

The Black Crowes - Wiser Time - 95

Radiohead - No Surprises - 97 (magic - with the fireworks from the Jazz World going up)

Sting - Fields of Gold - 97

Blur - End of the Century 98 (dedicated to Judy off of Richard and Judy coz Damon was worried about her)

Al Green - Lets Stay Together - 99

Moby - Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad - 00 (amazing live vocal)

Coldplay - Yellow - 02

Paul McCartney - Calico Skies - 2004 (because my Mum stole it as a tribute to how much she loves me)

Brian Wilson - God Only Knows - 2005 (because its my parents 'song')

Tony Benn - Leftfield Tent - 2005 (moving speech by a legendary man)

Marley Brothers - No Women No Cry - 2007

(sorry - I got right into this thread and had to post my full list - I'm an emotional man... but the drink and other stimulus help too!)

If (and this is a colossal if) the Animal Collective play Fireworks I will bawl like a little baby. I mean, seriously, I WILL EXPLODE! I've been wanting to her that song explode upwards for so long! Jeezzzz, I actually can't bear thinking about the dissapointment of it not making an appearence. gulp.

Watching the sun set to Bon Iver on the Other stage could be the key to crying this year.......

If (and this is a colossal if) the Animal Collective play Fireworks I will bawl like a little baby. I mean, seriously, I WILL EXPLODE! I've been wanting to her that song explode upwards for so long! Jeezzzz, I actually can't bear thinking about the dissapointment of it not making an appearence. gulp.

Watching the sun set to Bon Iver on the Other stage could be the key to crying this year.......

this year its gonna be samson by regina spektor. or my first view of the whole sight from the stone circle at sunrise. i've been looking forward to that for a long time.

actually reading through there's quite a lot of artists playing this year who've soundtracked the saddest moments of my life. bon iver being another one. one of my ex's housemates was playing the album really loud while we were breaking up and i couldn't listen to it for months after that, even though it is one of my favourite albums. samson is a similar thing. i swear everyone says "thats our song" about samson. i guess thats the sign of an amazing love song though. everybody can relate to it.

i am such a softy at heart :)

haha second edit. fireworks would be amazing. strawberry jam is my favourite album of all time. i couldn;t do the rest of the list, but i definately know my number 1.

Edited by sammysundae

i cried in 2003/4? when radiohead were playing, i remember it so vividly, i took a step back to put my drink down and i looked up to see my best mates and my brother in law(who is a best mate as well) all happy as id ever seen them big smiles the sunset shining on them everyone singing along but looking so peaceful. i just sat down and watched them while tears fell. it made me so happy to see everyone having fun even though it was creep that was playing.

total emotional overload

Sunday morning at Glastonbury, my phone rang, when I picked it up I was greeted with "Hi Neil It's Billy!" :)

Sunday morning at Glastonbury, my phone rang, when I picked it up I was greeted with "Hi Neil It's Billy!" :)

Great thread.

I've welled up and got goosebumps more times than I can remember. I think the only time I was unable to suppress the tears was on a Sunday passing by a house music tent in 2007. I'd had an amazing weekend, I was in a great mood, the sun was out and I was just ambling from A to B. The track they were playing just set me off, but to be honest Glastonbury has a habit of being able to set you off pretty easily. Roll on Thursday!

Lovely bittersweet Billy Brag story earlier in this thread.

I'm really looking forward to Animal Collective, but I'm worried their live set won't be as euphoric as the studio album. I haven't managed to find a good live version of Brother Sport.

And as for that Moz set at Glastonbury, I think you'll find it in one of these places:

http://www.smithstorrents.co.uk/

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3