NIN quitting?

Guest deadrobot

The O2 was simply amazing. 'cept the beer prices.

Gary Numan appearance was utter brilliance. Please please come to the O2.

On a side note? anyone hang around after in the indigo2?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did people think of NIN? Personally I thought it was far too short as they came on late and finished early and Trent should have played a more festival set, no Head Like a Hole, March of the Pigs, Closer (I still thought he may play this one last time) The Hand That Feeds :-(

For me if those 3/4 songs had been in the set list it would have kept the crowd a lot happier. I also though Trent looked tired during the set. Saying that 70% of the crowd were only really interested in seeing Metallica.

What did people think of NIN? Personally I thought it was far too short as they came on late and finished early and Trent should have played a more festival set, no Head Like a Hole, March of the Pigs, Closer (I still thought he may play this one last time) The Hand That Feeds :-(

For me if those 3/4 songs had been in the set list it would have kept the crowd a lot happier. I also though Trent looked tired during the set. Saying that 70% of the crowd were only really interested in seeing Metallica.

i have to say that although it was a bit mellow, and not a festival set AT ALL, i thoroughly enjoyed it.

it was nice to see 3 different sets over the last 3 weeks for me.

however, a go out with a bang kinda set might have worked better for the vast majority and that should have included gave up, sin, closer, head like a hole, terrible lie, march of the pigs, the hand that feeds, only etc etc.

Yea, i can't say i was dissapointed as i still thought they were amazing, something i can never have live was awesome as was lights in the sky, tbh i thought the setlist was phenomenal, they did just look very tired and alot of the audience were pretty disinterested, my expectations for them were so high though after seeing them at reading a few years ago that i doubt they could have been matched last night, or ever really. I just wish they'd played a bit longer and thrown in head like a hole, and they should have played starf**kers inc.

The single best live performance I've seen. The set list was meant to alienate the institutionalised rock fan and it harked back to their first live set which did the same in '91 when they played with Guns and Roses.

Metallica were and are vile, which is why I left after NIN.

I left after 5 tracks, nothing wrong with them per se, but I was tired, my mate had his pocket picked (and was understandably on a downer) and I really couldnt be arsed seeing metallica for the twelfth time, as soon as Sad But True came on I turned on my heels and left.

Okay guys, you can put your right hands back where everyone can see them now.

I still enjoyed them, but in contrast to last time I saw them I was really underwhelmed. The setlist didn't help, daylight really didn't help, but even allowing for that I just didn't enjoy them as much as I thought I would.

Well the set list was a complete surprise. Loved "Something I can never have" but thought "Lights in the sky" was perhaps a step too far?

Guess they where not out to win any new fans more of a change for the existing fans who may have caught them recently at Manc or O2.

Oh, and my mate got pick pocketed also which kinda put a downer on the Metallica set.

Well if that's the last time I see NIN then I guess i will be disappointed in what I saw. They looked knackered and perhaps thats also why they dropped "March of the pigs" etc.

I had been telling people all day that had not seen NIN before to strap themselves in for the ride of their life, felt a bit of a tit when I got back to our gaff I can tell you!

I love NIN but thought their set was complete durge. Something I can never have and the wretched were cool but felt the rest was just boring. I had just seen IAC though to be fair so was on a high from that so prob wasn't in the right frame of mind!

Safe to say the decision was clearly to not go out with a bang and more provide something a little more challenging and subdued.

If they did come back, not sure i'd bother my arse buying a ticket anyway!

I was majorly disappointed. If Trent wanted to do a more mellow set, he should have saved that for the O2 gig. If it was just a case of him 'testing' a metal crowd, then fair enough…but this was as far as we know the final NIN show ever. He could have played all sorts of more upbeat tracks, none of which are 'hits', and still kept his precoous integrity intact.

Shame.

I see what you are saying as there were some very rare NIN played and me and my girlfriend were the only ones singing in the area where we were stood, I still think they should have fitted one or two more songs in as they only played for 45 minutes out of the allocated 60.