NIN quitting?

Guest deadrobot

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they were good at Manchester they were f*cking amazing in London - dropped The Way Out is Through and Piggy and bought in Reptile and The Big Come Down - I know which two I'd rather have :) (though we lost Somewhat Damaged for Now I'm Nothing :) ). Plus Gary Numan came on during Metal, and stayed for his 'Cars' too. Unbelievable night.

If they were good at Manchester they were f*cking amazing in London - dropped The Way Out is Through and Piggy and bought in Reptile and The Big Come Down - I know which two I'd rather have :) (though we lost Somewhat Damaged for Now I'm Nothing :) ). Plus Gary Numan came on during Metal, and stayed for his 'Cars' too. Unbelievable night.
Edited by r0w

well it was Jane's Addiction who paved the way for alternative bands hitting the mainstream when at a time everyone was listening to shitty hair metal bands like poison and motley crue....due to this a lot of alternative bands such as NIN got a lot more coverage than they would of got. also perry farrell helpd NIN immensly by getting them slots on the lollapalooza tour

I saw them last night and they were really good. They again opened with Somewhat Damaged and played the Numan and Bowie tracks. I was a bit disappointed by no Closer or Something I Can Never Have, but no-one else seemed that fussed :lol:

They should be kick-arse! Although i gotta say something about the O2 gig - amazing start, great ending.... but i thought the middle section sagged a little. I reckon Sonisphere will be better as they'll have a shorter set and just crank it from start to finish.

They should be kick-arse! Although i gotta say something about the O2 gig - amazing start, great ending.... but i thought the middle section sagged a little. I reckon Sonisphere will be better as they'll have a shorter set and just crank it from start to finish.

NIN shows always have the 'slow' middle section where they throw out some of the instrumental tracks or generally less guitar based tracks. They usually step up the visuals during that middle section but since this was a stripped back style of show it didnt have the same impact it sometimes does. I still thought it worked well though.