Guest VCK

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the smiths would never happen, morrissey and johnny marr wont get back together not a chance but i would settle for Moz, would love Prince to play, im pretty sure Bob dylan will be on the line up somewhere and i might but a bet on Radiohead playing some part in the festival it seems a dead cert, but you never know?

Ideally id like:

Prince, Bowie, Radiohead

but i think gettin prince and bowie is a bit of a long shot

I am convinced (but only based on gut) that they will have Radiohead, U2 and Coldplay.

U2 IMO is set in stone..............

I personally just want to see Daft Punk headline the Pyramid............Their show on that stage would be brilliant!!!

I think it's entirely possible that Arctic Monkeys or someone else who has recently headlined a day could play, they certainly would understand being under acts like (maybe) Bowie or U2. If the festival gets as good a line up as any of the ones being predicted I feel bad for Eavis having to come up with something for 2011.

It'll be Coldplay U2 and Radiohead as per previous festivals and as per greatest hits theme.

Other stage Killers, Muse and Chemical Brothers.

Hang on, Ive missed out Franz Ferdinand :D

Personally I'd love Depeche but as theyve never played I can't see them playing but would love The Cure

(guess this is for a ideal line up thread but Depeche, Smiths and Kate Bush)

i reckon it will have 3 momentus guitar/rock bands on pyramid, with three headliners in their own right below them, and other stage will turn into a dance headliner every night, my predictions are....

pyramid

Friday top...Radiohead....below Coldplay

saturday...top...U2...below bowie........top

sunday...top Muse or Macca.....below either Libs/Paul weller....although id wish for flaming lips

other

friday....daft punk

saturday... something for the kiddies....maybe razorshite/phonics....some generic indie band, although to continue to dance theme...Chemical brothers?

sunday ..orbital

i know it seems a fantasy...but baring U2 who are hugely hyped to play all these acts have played before and are part of the festivals history....like it said most acts this year will have played one from at least every year

I remember reading an interview with Mick Jagger saying The Rolling Stones would play 2009 or 2010...

U2 would need a 'special' occasion to play Glasto to satisfy their egos, so the 40th anniversary ticks that box, and Muse are a good bet all round.

So I reckon Muse on Friday, U2 on Saturday and Bowie followed by the Rolling Stones on Sunday.

...But none of them had better clash with Dolly Parton!

Radiohead shouldn't play again until there is a new album out that much is certain: the reason that they didn't do it last year, in my opinion, is that they didn't feel they had enough new material to deliver a set worthy of living up to their past glories. After all, otherwise you play the 45 minutes of new material that you

The reason that both 1997 and 2003 were classic was that they were a COMPLETELY different band by the time that they returned. Until that's the case, put it on hold.

As far as Bowie goes: there's no hint that he's touring, he's put no album out for Donkeys years, so would be in a very similar position to the last time he headlined. Im sure that Glasonbury aren;t into repeats.

U2 is a good shout, I think.

i reckon it will have 3 momentus guitar/rock bands on pyramid, with three headliners in their own right below them, and other stage will turn into a dance headliner every night, my predictions are....

pyramid

Friday top...Radiohead....below Coldplay

saturday...top...U2...below bowie........top

sunday...top Muse or Macca.....below either Libs/Paul weller....although id wish for flaming lips

other

friday....daft punk

saturday... something for the kiddies....maybe razorshite/phonics....some generic indie band, although to continue to dance theme...Chemical brothers?

sunday ..orbital

i know it seems a fantasy...but baring U2 who are hugely hyped to play all these acts have played before and are part of the festivals history....like it said most acts this year will have played one from at least every year

I was convinced that Glastonbury would take a risk with a headliner next year, with someone like Arcade Fire, Kasabian, Bloc Party, etc., and give them their first headlining spots, but the more I think about it, I reckon it will be something like:

Friday

Bowie

Arcade Fire

Placebo

Saturday

Radiohead

Flaming Lips

Elbow

Sunday

Pulp

The Strokes

The Libertines

(Okay, sunday would be very, very optimistic there... but you never know >_>)

Edited by Ice Fatality

Daft Punk while a must have,

It will be 23 years since the release of "1987: What the F**ks' going on" by the JAMMs, given their illuminati/discordia mythology, its a significant date, i'd be expecting something from the KLF, maybe the ultimate Pyramid Blaster! (warm up for daft punk would be brilliant).

One more time, Imanutise the esketon!

• 2 weeks later...

My 2010 Pyramid prediction. Well, really it's half prediction, half dream...

FRIDAY

Muse

The Strokes

The Enemy

Interpol

The Hoosiers

The Cribs

Lethal Bizzle

The Australian Pink Floyd Show

SATURDAY

Metallica

Tenacious D