is my missus being unreasonable?

Guest lofichic

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha, this is genius. Cheers guys. I won't be showing her this, she'll kill me! :rolleyes:

I've decided I'm just going to get excited on the inside for this week - next week is Glasto prep big time. I've got to go home for a few days to see my ma who has broken her hip - I'll take my tent with me, pitch it there, get the zip fixed and all that stuff, and then I'm going to get ready and enjoy it!

WOOO Glasto!!!! :D

I remeber a year when it was really hard to get a ticket and a friend of mine didnt manage to get one. She therefore pulled her face anytime anyone else mentioned it and told us that she hoped it would rain. AND she meant it!!

We couldnt even mention it in front of her until I got her a ticket!!!

jeeeez

woman's take on it - she's miffed that you have the temerity to enjoy and look forward to something without her.

she didn't actually want to go, she wanted you to want her to.

so if she had come, she would have hated it and likely done your nut in all week anyway.

tell her to get a grip! :(

Hahaha, this is genius. Cheers guys. I won't be showing her this, she'll kill me! :(

I've decided I'm just going to get excited on the inside for this week - next week is Glasto prep big time. I've got to go home for a few days to see my ma who has broken her hip - I'll take my tent with me, pitch it there, get the zip fixed and all that stuff, and then I'm going to get ready and enjoy it!

WOOO Glasto!!!! :D

Ooooh...

I would say...as I am now saying even to my dear old mum...cos she wont let me go on about it and let me do anything Glasto related!

'just steer very clear away from me for the next 2 weeks, I have very important things to get done, I need to focus and you bringing me down is ruining the experience'.

As Runner said, if its like this now...what could the future hold?

I can understand the part where she wanted to go to please you or whatever it was...but she doesnt appear to be THAT interested in making the effort and assuming you would get her ticket for her when its nearly £200 to pluck out of thin air??? I dont think so!

She is just being a mardy, selfish bitch and I would, along with everyone else, just warn you and tell you to have a bit of a think about whether this is the right person to be with! :blink:

Glastonbury is too important in one's life to have it ruined by pedantry!

I've been going since 95, had the same girlfriend since then, and we both agree she'd hate it, so she doesn't come.

She's not particularly happy about being left home alone for 4 days, plus of course it's a couple of days of leave that I don't get to spend going away with her. For that reason, I don't arrive until Thursday, and I make a quick exit on Monday morning.

But she's fine with it otherwise. Because she's great :blink:

LAWKS...you spend every other day with her then? Oh eck! Just 4 short days release from a relationship...blimey, things must be going very well for you.

I really don't see what her problem is. It's not like couples should do everything together, is it? Some of the strongest relationships I know are between people who spend lots of time doing different hobbies etc!

I know there will come a time, probably quite soon, when my soon-to-be-husband will decide that he no longer wants to go to Glastonbury - he barely tolerates camping as it is, and as he really only goes for the music, he sometimes finds difficulty finding enough stuff that he likes to listen to. But there's no way I'd not go, and no way I'd tolerate him being unreasonable about me going without him!

I'm trying to see both sides as i operate double standards; if i were you i would be well cheesed off with her attitude and it would seriously test the relationship for me. If i were her and my bloke was off to Glasto without me (of course in reality that's impossible) i would be a total nightmare and be going about with a face like a slapped arse and making you pay and pay again for daring to go off and have endless fun without me.

Maybe what is gnawing away at her is the notion that you may have such a great time without her that you'll realise that you don't actually need / want to be with her?... but hey, what do i know.

i hope you do get to enjoy the build up (and the festival of course). Knackers to it, get your tent out and get it repaired and talk and talk and talk about it all to your hearts content! Yay! :unsure:

Hahaha, I can't believe the amount of responses to this thread, genius! Thank you all for your advice - if anything, it's made me realise I'm not being unreasonable! I had a long Glastonbury conversation in the pub tonight with a mate of mine who normally goes (still ticketless atm due to lack of planning :lol:) and thought nothing of it - I'm getting more excited by the day and no woman, swine flu or rain is going to ruin it for me :D

Also, I understand the assumption, but I am a lady. Well, I'm a woman :P

Cheers dudes.