is my missus being unreasonable?

Guest lofichic

I can imagine that the following happened:

Tickets went on sale. As a Glasto die hard you bought one (of course). She didn't realise what it really meant and didn't have the money. She probably though it wouldn't be a big deal.

As the big day gets closer and you start getting excited she realises that she's not only missing out on a good weekend but also she's not able to share this excitement with you. And now it's too late to do anything about it.

She did not know what the Glasto build up excitement would be like. You're in the 'mode'.

Yes she's feeling narked but I bet she did not know what it would be like.

Promise her that from now on you'll both ensure that you both get to go. And get organised from day one with regards to tickets or work. She'll know now about how it feels to be left out and will work hard to make make sure she gets a ticket.

Yes, it's sour grapes from her side. But to be fair she didn't understand what Glasto means. It's not like any other festival.

Tell her you love her and send her regular updates from the festival

Good luck!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey gang,

I went to my first Glastonbury over 10 years ago, and money willing, I try and go every year. It is the most important part of my year, my favourite place on Earth, and a huge part of my life. My OH of a few months has never been, but decided she wanted to go this year, because of how much it means to me. She didn't go to any effort to get a ticket, and I think she assumed I should buy her her ticket, which I couldn't afford.

Anyway, we're two weeks to go until Glastonbury, she's not going, and she's having a real strop about it. She won't let me mention Glastonbury, she doesn't want "her face rubbed in it", I have to try and sort things out (like repairing my broken tent) without her knowing about it - and this is really difficult because I'm letting her stop with me for a few weeks before she finds a new flat!

I understand she wants to go - but as far as I see it, you don't get to 28 with no interest in festivals and then develop a fandom over a couple of months that means your upset at not going is more important than my excitement. I usually spend these couple of weeks getting my kit packed, going out Glasto window shopping every day and getting progressively more excited, but she gets upset if I even mention it. I wanted to take my tent to the repair shop today but she had a moan and said she'd go and stop at her mother's instead.

Am I being insensitive? Is there anyone here who's OH is going to Glasto but they're not?

/moan over :lol:

ooo jealousy is a nasty thing !

Sounds like she doesn't want you to go, but doesn;t really want to be there either - to me it sounds mighty selfish

Couples don;t have to be joined at the hip.I love being with hubby, but I adore being without him too- we have different interests and so to be 'whole people' we need time to enjoy our own interests too

I've only been married a year, and two weeks ago I went for a weeks diving without hubby - and he ws cool about it. He's in Le Mans at the moment camping with the lads watching the racing, and I love hearing from him - even in a drunken state (yesterdays 09.30 am third vodka and OJ for breakie call at work was interesting ) .... and we'll do Glasto together. If he doesn;t enjoy it I'd still go by myself !

Don;t hide your excitement- she needs to deal with it, not you ...................

Good luck and let the excitement out !

Maybe she's upset that you are soo excited about Glasto and wants some attention?

Not the same thing I know.. but my partner and I have been to the last 3 Glastos together and done our own thing at times and met up at times.. this year I am so paranoid that I'm gonna be miserable and lonely as 7 1/2 months preggers and taking it easy. I feel bad.. but it's like if I'm gonna change my ways for our kid I want him to too!! Know that sounds selfish.. but the jealousy factor of your story kinda rang true for me. Just make sure she knows she is important etc all that standard magazine advice but so true sometimes other half just needs some tlc!!

Enjoy the festie!!

x x x

My bloke isn't coming, it's not his thing. He's visibly upset by the fact that I'm going and leaving him for 6 days (so am I, but obviously it's easier for me since I'm the one going away and this is Glastonbury after all) but he hasn't spoilt it for me in the slightest. He wishes he'd got a ticket now! Daft sod.

I think I'm going to take him to Benicassim next year....better weather almost guaranteed, proper showers, and more his type of music. I can compromise, but I'll never give up on Glastonbury completely, not for him or anyone!!

He told me when I saw him last to have fun, that's all your partner should ever want for you really, for you to be happy. That's why I kinda love him :)

Hey gang,

I went to my first Glastonbury over 10 years ago, and money willing, I try and go every year. It is the most important part of my year, my favourite place on Earth, and a huge part of my life. My OH of a few months has never been, but decided she wanted to go this year, because of how much it means to me. She didn't go to any effort to get a ticket, and I think she assumed I should buy her her ticket, which I couldn't afford.

Anyway, we're two weeks to go until Glastonbury, she's not going, and she's having a real strop about it. She won't let me mention Glastonbury, she doesn't want "her face rubbed in it", I have to try and sort things out (like repairing my broken tent) without her knowing about it - and this is really difficult because I'm letting her stop with me for a few weeks before she finds a new flat!

I understand she wants to go - but as far as I see it, you don't get to 28 with no interest in festivals and then develop a fandom over a couple of months that means your upset at not going is more important than my excitement. I usually spend these couple of weeks getting my kit packed, going out Glasto window shopping every day and getting progressively more excited, but she gets upset if I even mention it. I wanted to take my tent to the repair shop today but she had a moan and said she'd go and stop at her mother's instead.

Am I being insensitive? Is there anyone here who's OH is going to Glasto but they're not?

/moan over :)

Hey I have been in a similar situation and have had my boyfriend and his mother making me feel guilty for going!

You have nothing to be ashamed about and to be honest if someone wants to monitor, suppress and dictate how excited you are allowed to be before and during Glastonbury, then all they want to do is make sure you feel so guilty that you have a rubbish time when you are there.

If you love her and she is worth it, I agree with someone above who said reassure her that you wish she was going but say there will be other festivals you could go to and maybe plan a cool weekend together for some time after you get back!

Have a great Glastonbury everyone!