Line up...pah...I'm on a mish to see all the...

Guest LusciousLucy

As ever the line up means pretty much nothing to me as I tend these days to go to Glasto to hang with my Efest chums and have a laugh. Having music and the occasional band on is a bit of a hindrance to be honest!

And so...having perused the line up listed on this ere luvverly website I have decided...as a giggle and as a challenge unto myself (myself being a silly person stuck only into Dance music from 1996!!!) that I am going to go and check out as many of the weird named bands on the present line up...

and here goes some of them...

f**ked Up

Eat More Cake

Speech Debelle & The Therapist

Hobo Jones and the Junkyard Dogs

Team Waterpolo

Gwibdaith Hen Fran

The Pyramids of SNAFU

Alexandro Toledo and The Magic Tombolinos

Deadsilence Syndicate

Wreckless Eric & Amy Rigby

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band

Peggy Sue and The Pirates

Marina and the Diamonds

My personal favourite...Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs

Arabic Balkan Gypsy Band

Glitzy Baghags

Egstremely Special Supergroup

Kalakuta Millionaires

The Undercover Hippy

Why the f**k not eh? This is after all...bloomin Glastonbury Festival of Performing Arts ...NOT MUSIC FESTIVAL! DONT head to bloomin Babylon...bimble til the wee hours checking out the weirdest named and weirdest looking bands/artists and remember this festy AINT V or Reading!

I dont think the cabaret listing is even up yet and so it's gonn abe interesting!

Tings Tings my arse...it's all about the Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs! (Otherwise known as Orbital! :):lol::):lol::)....there...I found em!) Oh eck!

Friend and I were reflecting on that activity last night, at least one act should be on name alone. They made the effort to find an attractive name, therefore people should go see. Didn't find an awful lot on this year's line up alas. But from what you've come up with:

Hobo Jones - a must see - a skunk band - skiffle punk - playing 3pm Wednesday in the pyramid field :lol:

Glitzy Baghags - They sing about having David Hasslehoff :)

Plus there's:

Beans on Toast

Ten Ton Tongue

The Pyramids (at Glastonbury?!?)

3 Daft Monkeys

But IMO there's not enough sillily-named acts this year :lol:

Edited by timespeedsup

Its a good way to do things did it at dot to dot festival last year and saw a band on name alone called dusty rhodes and the river band and they were absolutly amazing, any band that ends their set with a cover of boyz II men - end of the road makes a gig perfect :lol: check them out seriously their music is perfectly fitted for glasto but i doubt they will every play :)

Its a good way to do things did it at dot to dot festival last year and saw a band on name alone called dusty rhodes and the river band and they were absolutly amazing, any band that ends their set with a cover of boyz II men - end of the road makes a gig perfect :D check them out seriously their music is perfectly fitted for glasto but i doubt they will every play ;)

• 2 weeks later...