Sessions stage is it RIP?

Guest shoptildrop

Have put this in another thread however I do think deserves own thread as I seriously think they are gonna drop the sessions stage

This was due to poster stating after intitial announcement that there are over 50 acts to announce and its usually more than that with the 5 stages ot should have been 72 (plus 2 road to V acts so 74)

Cos if you take the strongbow, bacardi and the sessions tent out of final number of acts to be announced after 1st announcement it leaves 51 acts which does seem supicious and have a feeling they are getiing rid of the sessions stage :blink:

Thoughts? :(

I just replied in the other thread but I reckon its gone

probably cost them too much to book, last year it had no sponsor either, but knowing V it could still be there they just forgot about it, we shall see,

Maybe Neil could get in touch with the V press office and see if they're having it back this year?

I wonder how much JJB pulling out as a sponsor has hit them...I know that was the Arena stage but there has to be some reason for the pisspoor line-up this year...maybe they've been living beyond their means the last few years and a main sponsor pulling out has hit them??

I wouldn't mind the sessions stage going if the rest of the line-up made up for it...but it doesn't!

Just checked...last year V had 19 sponsors...this year its down to 10 so far...thats gotta hit their wallets.

Edited by Flaminglippy

I wonder how much JJB pulling out as a sponsor has hit them...I know that was the Arena stage but there has to be some reason for the pisspoor line-up this year...maybe they've been living beyond their means the last few years and a main sponsor pulling out has hit them??

I wouldn't mind the sessions stage going if the rest of the line-up made up for it...but it doesn't!

Just checked...last year V had 19 sponsors...this year its down to 10 so far...thats gotta hit their wallets.

Have put this in another thread however I do think deserves own thread as I seriously think they are gonna drop the sessions stage

This was due to poster stating after intitial announcement that there are over 50 acts to announce and its usually more than that with the 5 stages ot should have been 72 (plus 2 road to V acts so 74)

Cos if you take the strongbow, bacardi and the sessions tent out of final number of acts to be announced after 1st announcement it leaves 51 acts which does seem supicious and have a feeling they are getiing rid of the sessions stage :D

Thoughts? :)

The sessions stage is to be replaced by the CBeebies play area, that way all the toddlers can be amused whilst waiting for Lemar, The Saturdays, Lady GaGa, Taylor Swift, Will Young or any other of the assorted w*nk stinking up this years fest to go on stage.
Edited by bekimo