Security at entrances

Guest Duggy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i narrowly avoided a full bag search in 07 by deliberately misunderstanding/ignoring a huge man-mountain. he followed me but gave in when i started pulling random stuff out of a bag in the middle of the queue looking confused and turning my already fairly broad scottish accent up to 11. i think he decided i was more trouble than it was worth. i don't recommend this tactic. it could have all gone so horribly wrong...

• 1 month later...

short of shovin it wher the sun dont shine if you are caught bein in possession of a prohibited substance or article the chances of the coppers gettin involved n u gettin searched down to ur underkackas is high. im part of the licenced security staff at Glastonbury all the crew im part of have been informed about places to check n it wouldnt surprise me where i found it to be honest but i think thats from bein a doorman too tho. just a generally bad idea to try to be honest wiv ya all.

its funny as hell readin forum posts about people trying to get drugs in and if they'll get searched :huh:

cya all there ;)

short of shovin it wher the sun dont shine if you are caught bein in possession of a prohibited substance or article the chances of the coppers gettin involved n u gettin searched down to ur underkackas is high. im part of the licenced security staff at Glastonbury all the crew im part of have been informed about places to check n it wouldnt surprise me where i found it to be honest but i think thats from bein a doorman too tho. just a generally bad idea to try to be honest wiv ya all.

its funny as hell readin forum posts about people trying to get drugs in and if they'll get searched :huh:

cya all there ;)

If the police want to search you they'll search you - and if you start arguing about whether or not they know their job, I doubt it will be a gentle search either.

They are hardly likely to say, "Oh, yes, Mr suspected drug possessor, you are absolutely correct, l am not abiding by article 8, subsection pedant of the "People who think they know everything" bill 2007. You can go on your merry way"

Are they?

they have sniffer dogs at castle carey station while queuing up, with police temporary stations setup in portacabin type things to search people

best of luck

if you are taking any drugs, try and think of clever ways to conceal them, in a sleeping bag etc wont suffice if you get searched and they simply open the sleeping bag

mark

Edited by sureth1ng

The possession of drugs, without physical contact and the exchange of drugs through a mandrill are perfectly legal under English law, so just make sure you take your mandrill with you. Alternatively place your drugs in a small basket hung under a helium balloon and using a small fan, blow your stash in in front of you. Problem solved

Christ you must be the life and soul of the party, not simply on a drugs level that is a personal choice (which is fine if you are against them on said personal level) but your shameless adherence to the laws which you had no part in putting together and which quite often go against reputable scientific proof, is pitiful. I hope that black and white moral life of yours is affirming

(apologies if you are being sarcastic)

Ive never been searched at a festival but just incase it happens I always cook a curry to take with me, clingfilm everything im taking and put it in the curry. Very unlikely you'll get your cool bag and plastic container full of curry thoroughly searched.

Christ you must be the life and soul of the party, not simply on a drugs level that is a personal choice (which is fine if you are against them on said personal level) but your shameless adherence to the laws which you had no part in putting together and which quite often go against reputable scientific proof, is pitiful. I hope that black and white moral life of yours is affirming

(apologies if you are being sarcastic)

Edited by redmad1971

We all do, to a tiny degree, have a say in the laws, because they are the product of a generally agreed moral code, they didn't just get passed down in stone from a blueberry bush or whatever.

As a country, we have agreed drugs are illegal, same way as some countries agree to chop off your hand for stealing.

But gradually the laws are changing, as there is more discussion, and more people enjoying drugs on a regular basis and (shock horror!) not dying or becoming glassy eyed thieving smack addicts.

Eventually I think some soft drugs laws will change, it sort of happened with weed, and then lovely Gordon backed out of it.

But just to say "it's illegal it must be bad" shows a total lack of individual thought and decision making. Up until a few years ago it was illegal for women to vote. The law is a regular ass, and it is up to us to challenge it.

Otherwise you may as well go and live in Burma, or North Korea, where you can happily live your life knowing the government makes every decision for you.

Edited by Josie's Cat