Security at entrances

Guest Duggy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, because the police would otherwise have NO IDEA where people hide drugs would they? Twit.

Honestly, there's no panic. The police don't search at the festival gates as a rule, the general searching is done by festival/security staff as you enter. (Obviously Castle Cary, motorway service stations are frequented by police, and they may search a random amount of folk) The searches done on the gate aren't particularly hard core, and if you're sensible about it (reasonably well hidden, spread about) there's no reason to worry.

Even if you are caught with something, for the amounts needed for personal use (i wouldn't advise carrying more than enough for yourself) the usual response is that it's taken away and you're asked if you have anymore on you - with a warning that if you say no, and more is found, then you may well be passed on to the police for them to deal with, otherwise, you're allowed on into the festival.

It's much the same inside - obviously taking drugs in front of a copper or a member of the festival security usually ends up in confiscation and a warning to behave.

Well, the Swiss didn't give women the right to vote until 1971, so that is a few years.

Ok, then, maybe a few years was an exaggeration!

Up until very recently blacks had no rights at all in South Africa, and that was legal, so by Redman's logic, that's ok.

I just hate the "I'm gonna do what they tell me" mentality,with no room for individual thought.

That's not an anwser "it's still illegal"

I dont see the point in me repeating what Josie's cat has already as they pretty much epitomised it.

but i do feel you should read a few more books and possibly a different newspaper.

As for, you didn't create the laws on murder, there are various things which back the view of murder being illegal or wrong.

- Religious law from God if you are that way inclined

- or more reasonably religious law which essentially derives from human instinct to progress and evolve thus they wrote it down as so, which was catergorised by the evolutionary theorists who pretty much prove it is counter-productive to get rid of someone from your own species, if your species is to survive.

Very base reasons but christ there are tons of other ways to justify the illegality of Murder but there are very few if any to justify the illegality of certain substances.

I don't understand how you can have such a passive attitude to the matter nothing would ever change if everyone was like this, it is quite shameful really, and acts to belittle people like the Suffragettes, the white rose movement, Martin Luther King....Damn them evil law breakers

I had a big thing about how i didn't agree with even the small amount of say we have towards our laws, but i was rambling and getting angry over the government so i scrapped it but ye i don't feel we have a say aside from the vote, but there isn't a valid choice any more it's all blurred into one right mess

Edited by popcornmaster

To all the people writing things on this thread like 'You could try bringing no drugs to the festival and you'll be fine if they do decide to search you'

Why are you even commenting on this thread?

I'm not gonna be taking anything in to the festival but if someone else wants to get shit faced on drugs all weekend why do I give a f**k!

It's called personal choice...

It's legal to possess for culinary purposes, so if you can convince them you're going to knock up some whipped cream for the trifle you plan to make on the Sunday morning, good on you!

nb: Tho I'd imagine they would just go "ooo, gas cannister, not allowed".

• 2 weeks later...
That's not an anwser "it's still illegal"

I dont see the point in me repeating what Josie's cat has already as they pretty much epitomised it.

but i do feel you should read a few more books and possibly a different newspaper.

As for, you didn't create the laws on murder, there are various things which back the view of murder being illegal or wrong.

- Religious law from God if you are that way inclined

- or more reasonably religious law which essentially derives from human instinct to progress and evolve thus they wrote it down as so, which was catergorised by the evolutionary theorists who pretty much prove it is counter-productive to get rid of someone from your own species, if your species is to survive.

Very base reasons but christ there are tons of other ways to justify the illegality of Murder but there are very few if any to justify the illegality of certain substances.

I don't understand how you can have such a passive attitude to the matter nothing would ever change if everyone was like this, it is quite shameful really, and acts to belittle people like the Suffragettes, the white rose movement, Martin Luther King....Damn them evil law breakers

I had a big thing about how i didn't agree with even the small amount of say we have towards our laws, but i was rambling and getting angry over the government so i scrapped it but ye i don't feel we have a say aside from the vote, but there isn't a valid choice any more it's all blurred into one right mess

ok well last time i studied criminal law under one of the codes in the Police and Criminal Evidence Act the police can perform a full strip search, to perform an "intimate" search as its known the police need a RMP (Registered Medical Practitioner) with them they can and will do it. if you are stopped for doing something illegal on the gate that the police feel neccessary then they will take you into custody. Dont think they won't cos they have the facilities to do so on site.

my previous comment was a joke but they can do so if they have reasonable suspicion

I was searched last year going in to the festival.

Luckily I wasn't carrying anything on me, as they are fairly thorough. Had to go through all the pockets in my rucksack, as well as emptying the stuff out of my gumboots etc. to show all the spaces.

There was an awkward few minutes when they found my stash of zinc tablets in a plastic bag and didn't recognise the pharma company's logo that was stamped on them, but luckily my sleep-deprived mind had accidentally thrown the glass bottle with the rest of them in my bag too, so they could see that they were legit.

So as it turns out, you CAN bring glass bottles in if they're for pharmaceuticals (or could last year anyway).

One thing I noted though was that they started thorough and fairly quickly got bored — I guess they have to keep things turning over pretty quickly.

Totally correct

I have to search a lot of people in the course of my work and internal searches are illegal unless permission granted individually by courts and full strip searches unless in a police station and under stong suspicion really wont happen.

Edited by SamIrvs