Is this a first for Reading & Leeds

Guest festivalsareforthegrey

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The headliners are good choices but I think this is the first time in years (certainly the first time since I started going) where none of the headliners have made my jaw drop in awe.

So I'm holding out hope for some kick-a bands lower down the bill. Weezer and Ian Brown, fingers crossed!

im not a massive fan of radiohead + kings + monkeys.. but i hope they all headline just too piss off all the moaning metalheads..

to me festivals arnt all about the music, yeah id like to see a few bands i might like, but its mainly about having a great laugh with my mates in a place with a great atmosphere..

the main stage headliners are what set "the tone" for the festival as a whole, and are therefore quite a good guide as to what to expect. I decided a long time ago I wasnt going, but I am confident at the moment there is going to be very little I would be gutted to miss.

Oh dear I see you found your caps key.

When the headliners take the biggest proportion of the wages you would hope that at least 2 were of reasonable value, otherwises £180+ pounds to see only the lower level bands (many playing at places such as latitude and others that are cheaper festivals) makes you feel slightly downcast and slightly short changed.

Now go ignore everything I said, scream and shout and bang those chubby little fists against the keyboard till your mummy buys you a ticket like a good boy.