Dance Stage

Guest rexclark

Off to see Deadmau5 tonight and it would of been ace to have him at the festival. Get some minimal dance (can't see any house or trance making it) into Reading and maybe some of the younger rock fans would see that electronic music isn't all about pills and d and b. Checked out his summer dates though and saw he was playing Creamfields. For the 5th year in a row Creamfields has destroyed a chance to get any decent dance acts!

Pendulum or some other brightly coloured NME nonsense for that tent again I suppose!

Edited by Explosions_In_The_Sky

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk of Soulwax and 2 Many DJ's is futile as they are exclusive to one one the smaller festivals this year,i forget which one though so you will have to dig out that info yourself.

Edited by metallimuse

It's a shame the dance tent always clashes with the "good" headliner, well has in recent times anyway.

I'm seeing 2 many DJ's and Erol Alkan tonight! If they blow my head off like i expect them too... Maybe 2 Many Dj's could pull me away from Radiohead... I've already seen radiohead, and they are absolutely f**king amazing... I guess it all comes down to one gargantuan collective, escapist, emotional singalong or turning 4D in a tent full of dancing banana costumes.

+ Afaik Soulwax are exclusive, but not 2 many Dj's.

Edited by JakusMaximus

It's a shame the dance tent always clashes with the "good" headliner, well has in recent times anyway.

I'm seeing 2 many DJ's and Erol Alkan tonight! If they blow my head off like i expect them too... Maybe 2 Many Dj's could pull me away from Radiohead... I've already seen radiohead, and they are absolutely f**king amazing... I guess it all comes down to one gargantuan collective, escapist, emotional singalong or turning 4D in a tent full of dancing banana costumes.

+ Afaik Soulwax are exclusive, but not 2 many Dj's.

the dance stage..i cant remember it from previous years, is it on during the day and till late? Or does it stop the same time as everything else? so dance stage is just where lockup is for 1 night?

I was pretty sure that in 2007 there was dance music being played in the Nokia tent till late , after everything had finished ..?

as well as playing , 2manyDJs are playing Creamfields on the Sunday so pretty unlikely (although not completely physically impossible to play 2 shows in a day)

Erol Alkan is playing the saturday at creamfields so could be possible. I'd love to see the Plump DJs or Stanton Warriors but might be a little too dancey for Reading+Leeds. Digitalism would be good but they seem to play all the time so fitting in with this year's general theme quite nicely :blink:

Carl Cox playing a funky House set probably wouldn't be too popular but I'd love it :lol:

I have a feeling Deadmau5 will definitely be in there somewhere, probably 2/3 from the top. I'm kind of hoping whoever headlines is someone I've seen before so I can spend the whole time watching Radiohead

Edited by Jung

PEACHES headlining would be brilliant, especially now she's returned to her electro/dance routes. The new album 'I Feel Cream' features collaborations with Soulwax, Digitalism and Simian Mobile Disco.

yeah its just the lockup tent for one night although it used to be the other way around. its open no later than any of the other stages they all close around the same time in the arena apart from the comedy tent, duracell and picadilli party for after hours raving

the Duracell tent is a tent in the shape of a battery outside the arena near yellow campsite that has DJ's on until 3-4am in the morning. Picadilly party is a high up dj stand at the bottom of gypsy cross road on your way up to the village that plays music until 6am.

the best link i can find is

Edited by Chill

Funnily enough dance music at Glasto is where its at this year :lol:

ERIC PRYDZ

PETE TONG

DEADMAU5

CARL COX

PENDULUM

CALVIN HARRIS

2MANYDJS

TIMO MAAS

KISSY SELLOUT