Rugby

Guest Grand High Aviator

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ye its far more important that a grand slam decider even for an irishman like myself and i would argue more important than a world cup final, although if ireland ever get to one that may change, i mean this is the pinnacle of any british and irish player career, and i was like a kid at christmas waiting for the squad annoucment and cant wait for it all to kick off now. this is, however, my first glasto and dont want to miss out on the whole experience but i was just wondering as it looks like it won't be showed at glasto how far the nearest towns are and how easy access is to them as i dont want to end oup wasting half of my day even for the lions.

cheers

There are no 'spare' venues as such, and none (to my knowledge) would ordinarily have the Sky equipment and the associated licensing that would be needed to show the TV programme you want to see.

Given that you don't want to spend time going off site to watch the game, have you asked the rugby club who are very involved with the festival, what they know? What did they say?

ye its far more important that a grand slam decider even for an irishman like myself and i would argue more important than a world cup final, although if ireland ever get to one that may change, i mean this is the pinnacle of any british and irish player career, and i was like a kid at christmas waiting for the squad annoucment and cant wait for it all to kick off now. this is, however, my first glasto and dont want to miss out on the whole experience but i was just wondering as it looks like it won't be showed at glasto how far the nearest towns are and how easy access is to them as i dont want to end oup wasting half of my day even for the lions.

cheers

As an Irishman, you were surely far more excited in your Island's recent GS win!! I can't believe you have said you weren't. I'm sure in Ireland you will be the minority.

As a Scot, I guess I am struggling to get too excited given we have only two players. But I still don't really care for it the same as I would my own (wee) country playing.

I'd rather take another Scottish GS (or even just a 6 nations win) over a Lions tour win, even if half the Lions were Scottish.

I think too many players (certainly in NZ) treated it as a bit of a summer holiday. Perhaps with a Celtic core to the team, this will not be the same this year.

Not that England (for example) win Grand Slams all the time, but a Lions tour win is slightly rarer which could explain national differences of opinion?

So you're not bothered about watching the game presumably?

It's on at about 2pm I think so unlikely it will be shown anywhere major... I'd love to watch the Lions at Glasto (in 2005 I was asleep...), and we got a mighty hammering anyway.

Would be good, but not the end of the world. :P

I predict a happy ending to this particular question, and I feel sure that those that want to see it will get to see it. Let's hope the Saturday morning Q Daily tells us where to find it. Those new big screens where Leftfield was sound like a good plan to me :lol: Its also very near Tor Rugby Clubs coffee shop...