Radiohead Fri Pyramid.... 4th headliner?

Guest Limpet

I've seen a couple of rumours flying around that Radiohead are headlining the Fri night and Neil Young has been moved to play before Springsteen on the Saturday. Apparently they were in advanced stages to headline a rival festival but it fell through at a late stage. They are keen to do something special after the success of last summers outdoor gigs...... Glastonbury maybe?

Would be good, they were absolutely amazing last time I saw them there, and I know the Eavis's are keen to get them again.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if he heard it off Beyonce's father of something then you might sit up and take note yeah? :lol:

All I will say is that I heard from a very good source straight after last years festival who they were trying to get for this year, and it looks like those names will be confirmed very soon (although I don't think that the whole Neil young, Springsteen thing is much of a surprise because he has been after them for ages). Its just only recently that I've seen the Radiohead rumour start appearing again on various sites. I spoke to 'source' last night and although he didn't confirm anything he did suggest that this may be more than just a rumour and an announcement will be made Feb 2nd.

Radiohead/Neil Young/Springsteen/Blur would quite frankly be an audaciously brilliant lineup. Four legendary acts. Anyone that wouldn't be satisfied by that needs their head checking :lol:

However, even though I would love this to be true these "rumours" tend to be nothing more than that. According to eFestival's reliable sources (on past experiences, and these are the same guys that predict springsteen/young/blur) Radiohead are not playing - however, I suppose that the back story of them previously being in advance stages to headline another festival gives your rumour credence without discounting the more reliable sources.

In summary - I trust eFestivals over you, but you never know, and this would be a dream development for me and many others. Fingers crossed. Eavis seems to think that the 4th headliner will be a big surprise though...

Bon Iver and Fleet Foxes? Bonza.

You not pulling us one? Because on the basis of that info I will happily pay for my whole ticket right now... if neither end up the bill I wouldn't be best pleased :lol:

[/qu

Hmmmm.......... this is interesting

http://www.I'M A DESPERATE SPAMMER.com/latest/new...lay-Glastonbury

Maybe that justifies paying for at least half of your ticket :lol:

the only rumour going round is Reading wanted Radiohead but no deal was agreed

but that they are still keen on headlining somewhere

and it wont be IOW or V so.....

Green DAy, Kol and Artics for Reading is a very homogenous set of headliners

but would appeal more than Bruce and Neil for the non octogenarians